Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA sales down on fleet drop

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Dec 1, 2017.

1. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

May I ask which ones ? They may interest me.

2. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

300, Grand Cherokee, most Ram trim levels.

There are many more vehicles with silver wheels than black. Look at all the Rams, Chryslers, and Jeeps. Dodge is the only brand to have such a dark lineup of wheels, but that also matches its performance aspirations.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I can’t find chrome wheels on anything but Ram.

4. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Yes, but chrome trim was mentioned as well. Grilles, window trim, door handles, mirrors...

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

And I don't understand why they don't at least offer a silver option for each trim for those customers who prefer it. It's not like the dark wheels improve performance.

valiant67 likes this.
  6. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

And gloss black wheels are worse than silver wheels for showing brake dust (because brake dust isn’t really black).

UN4GTBL and somber like this.
  7. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Active Member

I don't like the black wheels either unless it is on a High Impact color like Sublime or Plum Crazy but on something like a Black Truck and black wheels it just doesn't do it for me. Wheel are supposed to compliment the exterior styling not degrade the look.

8. ddeeaa

ddeeaa Active Member

perhaps the guy responsible for all the black rims on these cars is walking around world headquarters looking down at his phone and wearing tan shoes with his dark pants....lol

9. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

100% agree. At least offer chrome/silver as an option. Wouldn't think that would be that tough to do.

10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

My dealership sells more new FCA product in a month than Fiat can muster annually in Canada. Why is Fiat still here?

The numbers @redriderbob shared for Canada are indicative of where our product is in their cycles - 2015 was a record year for FCA in Canada, our product was fresh, Cherokee had just overcome its first model year hiccups, and we had 200s and Darts to appeal to the small sedan market.

The new Ram, refreshed Cherokee, Caravan being axed, and new Wrangler are genuinely tied to my financial security, which, is kind of freaky haha...

When speaking with a sales rep (high performer) from our Fiat dealership in my autogroup recently I asked if there were any rumblings about getting Alfa/Maserati in the Fiat dealership. FCA apparently wants a $5Shmillion dollar reno before they would even consider providing Alfa/Maserati.

Ain't no dealer is going to shell out $5Shmill into their starving Fiat dealerships, there's no way the return on investment for the 2 brands would come at a reasonable time.

11. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

EU Sales: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (NYSE: FCAU) saw its market share in the EU dip from 6.4% in November 2016 to 6% this year. Sales were led by a 27.6% increase in sales of the company’s Jeep brand and a 20.7% increase in Alfa Romeo sales. FCA sold 72,928 units in November, down 1.3% compared with November 2016.