AF: FCA Super Bowl Ad | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA Super Bowl Ad

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by superduckie5000, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

I've never forgotten the "Herding Cats" commercial from 2000. I believe that was Ross Perot's old company, EDS. I doubt I'll ever have a reason to buy from it's successor, DXC.

There's no beating the "American Farmer" + Paul Harvey (RIP) combination in my mind. Maybe I'm a bit biased.

AvengerGuy, Zagnut27 and Mr. Fusion like this.
  2. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

That same setup was on track to be put in production, but was cancelled at the very last moment.

3. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

LOL!!! Correct! So many folks are full of BS on the internet!! Soon as I knew they were going to make a Jeep Wrangler "truck" I said to myself...
    "Guess they forgot the last one didn't sell either...."
    Some initial excitement, some get one to be different, then they sit on lots, waiting for incentives....

Being a retired employee, I WISH they'd sell!!!!!!!

4. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Pickups weren't as popular as daily drivers back then as they are in 2020. Heck, JEEPs weren't as popular as daily drivers back then.

Zagnut27 and tlc like this.
  5. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

The average Super Bowl cost $15 million: about $3 million to produce and $12 million to air it. Once!

Let that sink in.

Fifteen million bucks buys a month’s worth of air time for advertising that helps the business in meaningful ways.

Thing is, executives don’t win awards for doing their regular job. They win awards and accolades for coming up with creative Super Bowl ads.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  6. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

"Truck" drivers don't consider the Jeep a truck... More of a novelty, IMO.

7. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Quality sells itself.... :cool:

valiant67 likes this.
  8. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Awwww, man, I KNEW I was forgetting something! :D

FOILED! I would’ve bought that vehicle, but now they don’t make ANYTHING I want!!

Except a Gladiator, a Wrangler, a Durango, a Challenger, a Stelvio, a Grand Cherokee.....oh, and there’s the new 3-row Grand Cherokee thingee....except for those, there’s NOTHING I want!!!

If it wasn’t for us taking on this A3 as a favor to a family member, there’d BE a darned JT sitting in my driveway right now....grumble...grumble....grumble....

Satellite Saint and djsamuel like this.
  9. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Funny, my wife said the same thing... Then I told her the cost... :( Not close to winning. lol

10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

My wife has been looking at the Porsche Macan and the Cayenne...so she better not say ANYTHING about the price of the Gladiator! :D

wilbur likes this.
  11. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

True only of the poorly-written ads; demonstrably untrue for the better spots.

As for "once": how so? Literally millions of people go out of their way to watch the Super Bowl commercials after the fact - something that's not true of any other advertising placement opportunity. The good SB adverts also generate a huge amount of secondary press for which producers don't have to pay a dime. Yes, it's short lived, but all TV advertising is. The reach, however, is worth the money: it's not just eyeballs, it's attentive eyeballs.

Meanwhile, your month of regular airtime is just part of the background noise I hear coming from the living-room while I'm taking a pee.

The Jeep one was the best of this year's crop. Of the other motoring ads, only Toyota's Highlander spot was good. Worst was Genesis - message, execution, everything about it was bad, and Hummer may as well have put up a static card for all the imagination they showed.

Mr. Fusion, rmtodd, T_690 and 3 others like this.
  12. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else but I saw it when it aired and I laughed out loud so it had to be good since nobody else was in the room at the time. They better be making $$ on them for the prices they are currently trying to get!

BASONE88 likes this.
  13. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Check your local dealer for Gladiator incentives of up to 9K, depending on where you live.....

No excuses for not getting what you want.

You only live once!

Zagnut27 likes this.
  14. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

So many of the ads were poor this year, it would have been easy for FCA to come out on top. But this ad was genuinely good. And who doesn't love Bill Murray?

tlc and hmk123 like this.
  15. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

16. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

FreeLantz likes this.
  17. BASONE88

Supporter

Already a fan of the movie Groundhog Day, being kind of a classic comedy(like Caddyshack or Happy Gilmore). I had actually, already, been thinking of this movie (earlier in the day) - since it was indeed Groundhog Day. I am sure numerous others were doing the same(at least acknowledging the day, if not the movie).

"Director's Cut" is even better! This is what perfect execution looks like!

FreeLantz likes this.
  18. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

ScramFan likes this.
  19. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Are we putting Happy Gilmore into the same class as Groundhog Day?!?

BASONE88 likes this.