AF: FCA will discontinue the Chrysler 300 Limited and C trims for 2021 | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA will discontinue the Chrysler 300 Limited and C trims for 2021

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Suhail, Aug 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chris mopar

Chris mopar Well-Known Member

I inherited a 2005 Mercury Grand Marque a few years ago, now that is a old mans car, my dad was 96 when he died. I still have it as a 2nd car, it’s not driven much but it is a luxurious car, I’m 65 and I think of it as an old mans car. Ha ha

UN4GTBL, HotCarNut and wolfsblood07 like this.
  2. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

The Ford Mustang is an old person's car. That is why Chevrolet purposely made the Camaro too difficult to get in and out of. It's to keep the the old folks from buying them.

3. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

This car has not received a serious makeover since 2011. It has been ignored.

4. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

There’s nothing new, no updates, no marketing. That’s what’s happened.

5. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

And...If the old folks insisted on trying to enter and exit a Camaro...GM will have made Chiropractors everywhere very very happy.:D

patfromigh likes this.
  6. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I often view the 300 as a "gangsta" car. Not necessarily an "old man's car".

7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It became an "old man's car" after the other crowd moved on 10 years ago.
    The Charger and Challenger now are the favorite street racer and large wheel crowd car.

Chase300 likes this.
  8. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Marketing. Marketing. Marketing.
    When's the last time you saw a 300 commercial of any kind ?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

I looked for a late model new 300C online a few weeks ago, there was not a single one available in Canada that had rwd and a V8. They don't sell because chrysler wont't produce them. Well, it looks like I'll be doing a "medicine man" disappearing act from allpar once Chrysler has been disposed of. Sad times.

UN4GTBL, cdjr77, aldo90731 and 2 others like this.
  10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It's no surprise, FCA seems quite happy to turn over markets where Chrysler creates successful and previously profitable niches:
    * The convertible market
    * The midsize truck market (though they reluctantly drug themselves back into it)
    * The RWD Chrysler sedan (Charger doesn't appeal to many people)
    It's just a matter of time until they decide to give up on minivans.
    So people say "these markets were shrinking" But the fact is there was ZERO market for convertibles and midsize trucks when Chrysler entered those markets. and the RWD Chrysler sedan made quite a splash among mostly FWD competition. Rather than try to carve out space for the 300 the strategy has been to ignore it and throw incentives at it. That would have killed 300 no matter what happened to the overall sedan market.

11. aldo90731

FCA’s guiding management principles appear to be laissez-faire, opportunism, and following the path of least resistance.

12. valiant67

valiant67 ...

While Lee said "Lead, follow, or get out of the way" apparently all current management hears is follow or get out of the way.

Donte Lindsey, UN4GTBL and aldo90731 like this.
  13. Ryan

I don't think there's much Chrysler can do to prevent the minivan segment from continue to shrink. The very definition of these vehicles is a turn-off for many people. They can't make them more appealing without turning their minivans into crossovers without the sliding door and minivan proportions.

Similar to wagons - many brands have unsuccessfully tried to market wagons in the United States, but only Subaru has had long-running success with the pseudo-crossover Outback.

14. hmk123

Level III Supporter

15. ScramFan

ScramFan Well-Known Member

I hope FCA continues to offer a proper minivan, because the inescapable truth is, the minivan is still the king of efficient packaging for people and their stuff.

I know the trends are what they are, but with everything going electric this, and plug in that, "SUV's" as we currently know them are starting to move closer to Minivans in many aspects anyway.

Assuming you start off with a platform featuring flat floors optimized for battery storage, it doesn't take much to put normal doors on an "SUV" version, and sliding doors on another, even if maybe you don't sell 400,000 a year of that slider door version anymore.

tlc and aldo90731 like this.
  16. Ryan

I think that you're right - when SUVs go all electric, space efficiency will increase to the point that minivans are irrelevant.

17. ScramFan

ScramFan Well-Known Member

My point was that they should still offer a variant with sliding doors, low step in height, and seats which fold completely into the floor, even if they may no longer sell half a million units per year of that variant. I still think there will be enough to justify it. Or at least, I hope so.

I think there are still many people who absolutely require those traits in a vehicle, including people with disabilities.

XRT2SRT, jimboy, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  18. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

I'm sure FCA would be happy to build you one if you placed an order with your local dealer.
    But that's the problem....no one wants to pay new prices...they want a used one or one that has been sitting on a dealer lot for a year or two and for a $15K discount.
    In my area your best selection for a 300S would be a used car lot and a selection of ex-rental vehicles...all with V6's.

IMO, the 300 has become the Crown Vic of today.

HotCarNut, page2171 and aldo90731 like this.
  19. aldo90731

Indeed. Why pay $45,000 for a new Chrysler 300 when you can buy a lightly used one for $22,000.

20. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

Why pay $80,000 for a Charger Hellcat Redeye widebody when you can buy an ex-rental Charger for $22,000.

Try finding a decent second hand Chrysler 300 with a V8.

jimboy likes this.