AF: Federal Government Economic Stimulus Payments | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Economic Stimulus Payments

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by AllanC, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Ryan, DC-93 and Bob Lincoln like this.
  2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

3. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Well-Known Member

Saw a program the other day on TV about the building and testing of the Cessna Citation Mustang. Which is a smaller business jet capable of flying non stop from New York to New Orleans.
    They said on the program that this may change the way people fly. Instead of going through the hassles of the TSA and being on larger commercial airlines, the people will opt for a smaller plane to get where they are going.

DC-93 likes this.
  4. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I'm curious who the head of the IRS reports to Dave, could you enlighten me please??

Thanks
    Randy

wtxiceman and DC-93 like this.
  5. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Got some dough!

Doug D likes this.
  6. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

According to the President, the head of the IRS and everyone else reports to the President. Maybe Secretary of the Treasury, I honestly don't know, but he reports to the President. According to the Unitary Executive theory, it doesn't matter who you work for in the federal government, the President is your boss and he can hire and fire you; that's what the current administration is claiming re the federal consumer protection thingie (awaiting Supreme Court's word on this. I have to say the unitary executive theory would have had Hamilton's support but would have given Jefferson, Adams, and Franklin a fit.)

7. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Your post, like others. seem to have a political slant is why I asked.

Appears one view is acceptable, but another is not, depending on moderators views I suppose.

I notice some of my posts disappear when I ask such questions.

I'm curious if others feel allpar is unfairly moderated??

Thanks
    Randy

DC-93 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  8. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Yep, I've noticed that, too, that the forum appears to favor one side and opinions from the other side are not allowed ;)

I'm sure that your post and mine will disappear. ;)

DC-93 and GLHS60 like this.
  9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

My post will probably end up disappearing in the next round of moderation. I've lost a LOT of posts to moderation in the last two weeks.

However, when one group claims it's unfair that their posts suggesting we should all overdose on an unproven malaria drug are removed, while someone else's post pointing out that people are dying from taking the unproven malaria drug, well, sometimes there is a bias here, yes. I personally have a “science bias.” I don't care who repeats something stupid they've heard from Dr. Oz, I am biased against the stupid thing and for the double-blind study.

There is also a bias among the moderators against criticism of the moderators, who work for nothing at a difficult, thankless task.

I went overboard and got moderated with the rest of you. I can be warned like the rest of you (and should be). I can be temporarily banned (and have been).

Ryan, freshforged, DC-93 and 2 others like this.
  10. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I'm with 06PTElectricBlue above. The bias is obvious!!!

As mentioned previously, many fine forums have a very successful Political section.

As a free speecher I don't mind listening to opposing views as that's one way to learn.

I can't imagine you getting banned, things must be worse than I imagined.

I've been following the HCQ topic closely and think it is a fair discussion, for both sides.

I don't think I've ever had a warning, just had posts disappear with no explanation.

Actually, I got an odd notice today about a moved post that made no logical sense yet.

Maybe it will eventually be explained??

Thanks
    Randy

DC-93 likes this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Post sometimes get moved when there are too many off-topic posts derailing a subject.
    When a post is moved, there is an alert sent that says where they posts were moved to. I know. I just got one a few days back.

DC-93 likes this.
  12. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I made a perfectly viable post pertaining to the OPers question.

It was was moved to where I don't know or why.

There seems to be some bias at play recently.

Thanks
    Randy

DC-93 likes this.
  13. 06PTElectricBlue

The other day a post of mine, in another thread, was removed and the reason that was given why it had been deleted:

"...Too political..."

I then went back through that same thread and requested that several other posts be removed for the same reason, that I felt that they were: too political.

It seems that "the Government" (the head of) can only be mentioned in a positive way, and to say anything else, will be moderated. ;)

I'm sure that many of these posts in this thread will be deleted as "off topic" even though they may be discussing a valid subject matter.

DC-93 likes this.
  14. valiant67

valiant67 ...

When both sides are ticked off, the moderator is probably doing a good job.

15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I will admit that lately, as a moderator, I have not been providing info on why I am removing posts. I will try to fill out that little box in future. Often, by the time we get to a thread, it's mass deletion time and we just don't have time or energy for doing each one individually.

DC-93 likes this.
  16. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I think I'm starting to understand, an over moderated site with low energy moderators.

Running roughshod over folks takes time and energy I suppose.

Make more sense to lighten up rather than clamping down.

What do I know, I've never clicked or filled out said box.

Thanks
    Randy

DC-93 likes this.
  17. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

"I think I'm starting to understand, an over moderated site with low energy moderators.

Running roughshod over folks takes time and energy I suppose."

And it's inflammatory statements like this that prompt moderation. Just asking for trouble, IMO. This is how it starts.

Ryan likes this.
  18. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

USPS won’t get any money ‘till they start charging Amazon for shipping.
    This administration will not bailout companies or states going broke due to past poor financial practices.

19. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

A couple of my posts were deleted recently because “political” posts were being removed. I’m not sure which posts they were, but I don’t recall being political...without knowing which posts they were, I have no idea what I actually said. That being said, who cares?? Other than a waste of my posts which are often referred to as “literary genius” in many well-to-do circles, don’t you know. How gauche. How droll.

(Ok, I’m gonna go sit in the corner and sulk with my daughter who apparently couldn’t go outside today at school and it’s the whole world’s fault. My tongue is extended as I type this).

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  20. 06PTElectricBlue

IMO, if political posts of one side are going to be removed, then to be fair and equal to ALL members, then ALL political posts need to be removed, someone should not pick and choose which to allow and which to remove :)

wtxiceman likes this.