Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiat 124 road and rally cars

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

So, something like MK-5 RF.

2. bluskye

bluskye Member

I checked your Google link above and found numerous articles from 2016 predicting that the GT would be a coupe, not a folding hard-top. The reason was to provide more differentiation between the 124 and Miata. I did find one article dated January 2017 predicting that it would be a folding top like the Miata. Is there any confirmation if it will be a coupe or a folding top?

3. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

Sure about that? I thought that the Miata was outselling it by a big margin?

4. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

Last I saw the MX-5 was selling more than the 124. Which is to be expected considering the constant presence on the market, and bigger fanbase.

5. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

What we don't know are the sales target for both models combined, nor the forecasted share production for each model and/or trim.
    And for sure I will not know.

AlfaCuda and Deckard_Cain like this.
  6. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

I would guess that Fiat's target might not have been very ambitious given that it is new to the segment and the Miata/MX5 has a massive head start and following.
    I think what the Fiat really needs is the 1.8 engine from the rally car to put a clear distance between it and the Mazda.

7. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

Not to forget that the original sales projection was about an Alfa Spider, not a Fiat/Abarth.