AF: Fiat Abarth review | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiat Abarth review

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by Frantz, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Frantz

Frantz Member

I'm far from a car reviewer, I'm just a car salesman, for Ford. I remember the first time I drove the Focus ST how surprised I was with the sporting power of the car. We haven't got a Fiesta ST in yet, but the reviews seem fairly positive as well. When someone traded in a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth I wasn't too interested. A fellow car guy told me to drive it so eventually I took it out (after our used ST was sold and I needed a sporty car to switch a customer to). Wow... I was really impressed with the Fiat. First, I'm 6 foot tall and 250 lbs. Not fat, but quite American. I fit comfortably and found no want for space ( at least in the front seat, the back seat I was short on head room). I fired up the car and I've not heard such a small engine sound so good. I really like how while driving you can actually hear the turbo spooling. This car is actually a riot to drive. The brakes are crazy and you feel in total control for such a short wheelbase car. Being a trade in I really didn't push it too far but I never felt like the car should be any longer. Once I came back to the dealership I had to pause. I feel the Focus ST is a kick rear focus, but it still feels like a focus. So if the Abarth feels like a 500 then the 500 is a far better car than I imagined. The only two complaints I have are the shifter feels like a club and the window controls are split by the shifter, making it impossible to drive and put both windows down at the same time. Still a sweet little car! For a shameless promotion, if you want a 6k mile pre-owned Abarth in the south-central PA region, send me a message. For the rest of you, if you're in this forum wondering... give this car a chance!

2. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Lol. That'd be on my short-list if we weren't going bigger in replacing my dart.