AF: Fiat Chrysler in talks to forge extensive ties with Renault | Page 79 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiat Chrysler in talks to forge extensive ties with Renault

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by HEMI345, May 25, 2019.

1. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Aside from the R/N/M train wreck, and the previous flirtation with PSA, I haven't heard of other possible deals that have been rumored.

I must have missed something over the last 1,560 replies and 78 pages.;)

superduckie5000 likes this.
  2. AlexB

AlexB Active Member

It's not "may yet", it been pretty well establish that a lttle more than "Rumor" that while PSA have want a deal with Fiat/FCA multiply times, John Elkann dislikes the concept of a PSA deal for a wide range of reasons.

That doesn't "sound like pharmaceutical company" (rolleyes ::rolleyes:)At All.

#1562 AlexB, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    AlfaCuda and ScramFan like this.
  3. AlexB

AlexB Active Member

PSA is like Pepé Le Pew (they both are French) to John Elkann.
    ;)

4. 77 Monaco Brougham

The fact that you used that pop culture reference...and...the fact that I picked up on it means only ONE thing....
    We've both dated ourselves!:D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8DSYYczIks

XRT2SRT and tlc like this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

So you have behind the scenes info that none of the rest of us have? I'm thinking not.... So all you know is what is publicly known, just like the rest of us. So that being said, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, just like the rest of us.

#1565 Zagnut27, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
  6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

GM and Ford too IIRC, though those were in previous threads. Who knows & who cares? We will be the last to know when something actually happens.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  7. AlexB

AlexB Active Member

I didn't know a simple "Google Search" was "Behind The Scenes":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#1567 AlexB, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
    ScramFan likes this.
  8. 77 Monaco Brougham

Yes...when the Lords and Ladies of the Manor come to some accord...THEN...we...the Serfs, Vassals, Knaves, and Share-croppers will be read the announcement off the sacred scroll of parchment...or...would that be vellum?;)

Zagnut27 likes this.
  9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

The real dealings that go on behind the scenes aren't meant for public consumption, despite what some posters here seem to believe (as in, not available in a "Google search"). There are a lot of pieces in motion, and for sensitive info to leak out to the public before a deal is done could upset the whole applecart. We won't know that a deal is done, or what is involved until the deal is done. Anyone who works for a major corporation knows this very well.

10. 77 Monaco Brougham

Exactly! You just DON'T conduct any kind of important negotiation in public.... (unless, of course, the British Parliament passes a ridiculous law forcing you to lay your negotiating cards on the table for all the world to see):p:D

Zagnut27 likes this.
  11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Or you have a CEO who doesn't know when to shut the heck up. I can think of a few of those. :D Loose lips sink ships...or cars...or bridges...or NFL trades. :p

12. 77 Monaco Brougham

NOW You've done it!....You've gone and made the ghost of Sergio angry!

Careful, Friend.....You could be engulfed in a choking fog of cigarette smoke....or get rained upon with torrents of steaming espresso!:p:D

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

LOL!! I'll put on a sweater and say 10 Hail Sergio's as repentance. :p

14. 77 Monaco Brougham

Zagnut:

Without a doubt, this is the most fun I've had on these boards in just about forever!
    Sure as hell beats reading my way through yet another thread about FCA quality "swallowing the big one!":p:D

Zagnut27 likes this.
  15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

We just bought a new house, and sold our old one...with all the stress with contractors, lawyers, realtors, inspectors, banks etc...added on top of our jobs which are very stressful (healthcare and pharmaceutical) and being the parents of 4-year-old twins...I'm just about fried. To take things (or myself) too seriously is just not in my DNA...at least I try not to. :D Life's too short, you have to laugh. And if I can make someone else laugh in the process, well, it's just a bonus! :)

16. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Remember also that these are publicly held companies (or at least technically so as SOME of their shares are publicly traded) and any early release of unofficial negotiations could be considered stock manipulation with accompanying penalties.

Zagnut27 and valiant67 like this.
  17. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

At FCA even upcoming products are a secret.

This time of year Auto News dedicates an in-depth article on every automaker, going into details about upcoming futures. It is FCA’s turn this week, but the article is only six paragraphs long. It talks vaguely about possible new Rams, 3-row Jeeps, PHEVs, diesels, and how the rest of the portfolio, including Dodge, faces an uncertain future.

The only thing certain at FCA is uncertainty.

18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

And excuses.

page2171, gforce2002 and aldo90731 like this.
  19. AlexB

AlexB Active Member

Nothing laugh about people (in this) denying a 3-Row Jeep exist when Detroit & State Of Michigan have committed tax payer money to said vehicle.
    Peugeot, After Digesting GM’s Europe Business, Set Sights on Fiat Chrysler (at https://www.wsj.com/articles/peugeot-after-digesting-gms-europe-business-set-sights-on-fiat-chrysler-11553277192 )
    Hence, John Elkann is NOT COUNTING ON ANY MERGER, ONLY THE RIGHT MERGER, With Right conditions.
    And That's The Bottom Line.

Tony K, AlfaCuda and ScramFan like this.
  20. 77 Monaco Brougham