Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiat Cronos (South America)

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by T_690, Nov 27, 2017.

1. T_690

T_690 Active Member

2. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

That's a sharp looking little car.

3. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

Wow, much better looking than what I was expecting.
    The rear even looks a bit like an Alfa. This will be a homerun in Latin America.

4. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

I’m puzzled that these sedans are not manufactured and marketed in Asia. An area where small sedans thrive.

5. pumadog

pumadog Active Member

From this pictures it looks great! Problem with such small sedans are the proportions in real life.

6. Deckard_Cain

Hopefully FCA will wise up and manufacture this and the Argo in India to sell in the Asian market.

AlfaCuda likes this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's the sedan version of the Argo. Here is some teaser of the Argo interior. Note in the second pic the Dodge key fob used on the Argo.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

9. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

Has the right number of pedals. I like it.

eastcoaster and MJAB like this.
  10. Deckard_Cain

Finally Fiat is back to having a competitive and modern vehicle range in Brasil. Now if only they did the same in Europe...
    And it they finally started making Fiat SUVs.

11. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

For example starting from the "Pandona" long around 4 meters that was being developed.

Prabhjot likes this.
  12. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

It is very very likely that: far from this or other related FIAT 'latam' models being made in India for local, and wider Asian sales, FIAT is going to simply be soon withdrawn from India, supplanted instead by 2 or perhaps three new, small Jeep models. FIAT has historically been a very small brand in right hand drive markets (uk, australia, japan, india, thailand, s africa etc) in any case, and its huge Indian presence really is very old dead story in any case when it was huge in India decades ago.

Sad to say, but: there is no financial point or prospect for a peculiarly European-small-citycar type brand in India, however storied and innovative and historic....in (parts of) Europe, and latam: or in China, Asia as a whole ex-Japan, where the Japanese, korean and soon Chinese car firms and brands are and will remain completely unassailable.

FCA is doing the right thing: address the large Asian-sales-lacuna they have historically (both FIAT Group and Chrysler Corp) via Jeep, via Maserati, henceforth via Alfa Romeo, and of course in a sense via Ferrari. Not to mention the large and growing and strong operations of Magneti Marelli, plus as a jv cum technology/shared-components/engines partner for the likes of Tata Motors, and Guangzhou Auto. Potentially, it would appear: even Hyundai, no less (transmissions etc etc?)

The small chance that remains of FIAT local manufacturing continuing into another generation of models in India is imo NOT of the FIAT Cronos+Argo (i.e., latam) variety but as a right-hand-drive export hub for higher, Euro spec and price models like say the 500X or rumoured FIAT cuv 'Pandoma' or likely new FIAT Freemont 5+2-seater. Even that case is very very weak imo, since FIAT unlike Jeep has never had much presence in right hand drive markets ever, let alone now that the Japanese, Korean brands have become so cost competitively dominant in many Asian markets, however humnguous and growth-filled 'Asia' is as a market for automobiles now, even if China is kept out of such calculations.

@AlfaCuda

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  13. Deckard_Cain

That sucks. :(
    I think that Fiat is perfectly suited for the Indian market with the Argo and Cronos.
    And the 500/500X and other posh models are perfect for Japan. Those asian markets are a great opportunity for Fiat because they like small cars, which is Fiat expertise. If they don't bet on that it is a wasted opportunity.

AlfaCuda likes this.
  14. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

Yes I agree @Deckard_Cain. I think it was poor product planning and bad marketing. While Jeep has a stronger image compared to Fiat, I can't see Jeep entering the biggest segments in a market such as India which are small hatchbacks and compact sedans. Fiat still is the right brand for these products imo. However they need to get the product and marketing spot on.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  15. M.O.D.

M.O.D. Active Member

wasn't the original Pandona project what became the 500L?

16. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

Yes, I thought the "Grande Panda" car was the Ellezero (L0) which was launched as 500L and 500L Living. Marchionne mentioned pre-launch that the company was still deciding whether to launch it in the 500 family or the mainstream FIAT brand until very late.

17. Deckard_Cain

They should've launched it in the mainstream Fiat brand IMO.

M.O.D. likes this.
  18. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

No, is post 500L.
    Was mentioned by Alfredo Altavilla or another FCA EMEA manager. I suspect is the "A Jeep" that some wrote about = B european segment.