Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiat Punto FAILS Euro NCAP Crash Test, Gets ZERO Rating

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by Hemidakota, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

And the Punto is 12 years old already...

2. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

This is the same strategy Fiat uses in Brazil and Argentina.

My client at the time, a Japanese automaker that had entered those markets only a couple years prior, already had established a better reputation than Fiat had in 50+ years. But despite having the single worst reputation of any brand, Fiat still held onto 10% the market with rock bottom prices.

When my client asked what sales opportunity he had, I simply pointed at Fiat’s horrid brand metrics, at its 10% market share, and said “at the very least that 10% is up for grabs.”

#42 aldo90731, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Erik Latranyi likes this.
  3. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

I think they finally became aware of that. With the increasing competition of korean, american and even chinese brands in Brasil, FCA has shifted their approach to Brasil. They can't keep competing by price alone because other companies are occupying that segment.
    The Argo is superior to the Hyundai HB20 and Chevrolet Onyx, which are the segment leaders. It even won a few comparisons with the recently launched VW Polo in Brasil!
    The Fiat Toro is leaps and bounds better than the competitors in the pick-up segment.
    They also launched new engines and made them available in the Uno and Mobi. The Mobi was the only misfire. It is a horrible vehicle that should have no place in any brand.

And that's not to mention the great performance of Jeep in Brasil.

4. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

There was an article on Quattroruote paper magazine, november 2017 "Fiat Argo Oriunda di ritorno", about Fiat Argo with some short interviews to some of development engineers.

70% in MP1 architecture is new in Fiat Argo vs. Fiat Palio (to note MP1 that does not only include the underbody, but also components and parts such as suspensions, air conditioning, ...).

It was asked to engineer De Maria if technically the car could arrive in Europe from Betim plant. He answered that yes with few modifications, the main thing would be pedestrian protection rules, some dimensions and lights.
    The main being the pedestrian protection rules, they should or make the nose longer "sportier" or modify the bonnet, but than the cost would go up highly.
    He added that they make preliminary economic evaluation and the car sent from Brazil to Europe would not actually have margins, main cause the customs tariffs.

T_690, AlfaCuda and Deckard_Cain like this.
  5. T_690

T_690 Active Member

I don't know how is long nose more sporty...

They just need Mercosur - EU FTA.