Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Formula E race in New York City..................

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Fast Eddie, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

2. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

A large part of my job is to build, repair, and prototype inverters.

150 kW?

That is rather small in my world. In my world we typically run 1.2MegaWatt inverters in multi-parallel arrangements.

Enough bragging.

The series itself is designed to attract manufacturers. They are given lots of leeway in their designs, and that is very attractive to car makers.

From my perspective, these things are prettty far off the back; we are doing lots and lots more innovative things that what they are doing here.

Either way, I have seen a couple of races. The racing was tight, and competitive. It was actually really interesting. However, it is like women’s basketball. The basketball itself is much better, more competitive, and all around a better watch.

But, it lacks a certain something...

Not the least of which is thatbdramatice rise and fall of the engine note as the car runs up through the gears, or crashes down through the gears as it enters a corner.

3. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

It reminds me of this:

track.jpeg

4. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

I'd be playing the Knight Rider theme all the way around the track :D

You could even have the voice of KITT in the horn saying "get out of the way!" as you try to overtake LOL! Actually, scratch that. Make it KARR.

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

transam-detroit-2017-12-ta2-dodge-challenger-sheldon-creed-stevens-miller-racing.jpg

Add Trans Am racing to it instead of Formula E and I'll watch...