Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fivestar not making a gen 6 Dodge body

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Glenn81, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Glenn81

Glenn81 Member

Not sure if many of you are into short track racing with super late models or not. I have been since 1995 and now my son is driving. I've always run a Dodge with a Dodge motor, no imposter. Now fivestar race bodies has a new gen6 body coming out and they are not going to make a Dodge body. I've always used fivestar bodies, first with the Avenger, then an Intrepid and the Charger ever since.

I can't believe they don't care about their Dodge customers enough to bother making a body, I was on their facebook and gave them a 1 star rating and they wrote back to me their response was this: "While we would love to offer a Dodge option for the new body, unfortunately they have not been involved in circle track racing in a number of years. Should they choose to return to circle track racing, we can certainly revisit this option at that time."

I'm just trying to bring other Dodge guys aware of this and if anyone feels like giving them a 1 star rating on facebook over this that would be great. Hopefully if enough people do they will change their mind. I do realize that the old body will continue to be made but just seems unfair that they get the new modern looking body that I'm sure has more downforce and we are stuck with the old body.

Thanks Glenn

2. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

That stinks, but I think I would commend Fivestar for producing Dodge bodies for so long after Dodge pulled the plug, not condemn them. I can't blame them for dropping a product when Dodge abandoned the sport. I would support a positive campaign to get them to keep producing the Dodge bodies, but to 1 star them may make them never want to support Dodge/Mopar again. Just my 2 cents. Good luck @Glenn81.

3. Glenn81

Glenn81 Member

My point to them is just because they pulled out of Nascar has nothing to do with us guys that are racing locally at short tracks. We are the same guys that have been racing for years before they were back in Nascar. They started making the Avenger body back in 1995.

TAP42 likes this.
  4. TAP42

TAP42 Member

Glenn

Good for you guys for going the dodge route its not an easy path to take. We raced them in the PASS South Series since 2007 (and late models since 99) but are getting out of it this year. I talked to the guys at AR Bodies about this when Five Star was first pushing it three years ago and they said if they had to go with the new style the would produce a dodge option. Granted things can change. Its pretty frustrating with five star. There isn't really a single toyota super late model on the track when it boils down to it since they don't make a motor for them, yet theres a camry body being made.

Just out of curiosity where are you guys racing at?

Glenn81 likes this.
  5. Glenn81

Glenn81 Member

I totally agree with you on the toyota, fivestar seems to love them. Not showing any love to dodge though. I didn't think AR was going to make a new style body but if they make a dodge they will be getting my business for sure.

We live in Canada and race weekly at Speedway 660.

6. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Assuming that their objective is to make $$$, you can't really blame them. How many "Dodge" customers would they have? I don't know what motors your series allows, but back in the 90s Mopar was still pushing performance versions of their LA blocks and supporting racers, mostly in Sprint Car series. Since they dropped out of Nascar (actually a few years before that), they have showed virtually no interest in supporting short track racing in any form - full bodied or open wheel. I still follow short track racing in the SoCal area and I haven't seen a Mopar powered anything in any series here in many years. The last time a Dodge ran competitively in this area was in 2003 when Scott Lynch won the K&N West series in a Dodge running a Kroyer motor (same company that built Brendan Gaughan's truck engines).

I admire your perseverance and loyalty to Dodge but you are probably tilting at windmills here.

7. TAP42

TAP42 Member

Theres still guys out there running them. Yeah not a lot but there never was a lot to begin with.
    But you want to know something, there's still more dodge powered cars in the asphalt short track ranks then there are toyota's.
    Kyle Busch may have won the snowball derby in a "Toyota" but it was a chevy based motor under the hood, and if their going to make a toyota body there should be a dodge option as well.
    Heck for that matter its only the nose and side window thats different. The rest of the body is generic with hints of the 3 manufactures lines designed in it.

That aside their going to be making out like bandits with this new body. The only way it makes the same downforce in par with the old body is with the splitter on the nose. Their saying you shouldn't hit the splitter if you mount the body correctly, but someone will find a way to seal it to the track. They'll be selling the little plastic valence they showed on the camry at pri left and right, if not new nose pieces.

8. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Not for much longer. Toyota is even getting into sprint car racing.........with their own motors.

9. Glenn81

Glenn81 Member

I understand that every business main objective is to make money. TAP42 is correct, the only body panel that they would have to make for a Dodge is the front bumper cover, everything else is generic with all the other brands. I wouldn't think the cost would be to outrageous.

I'm in NB Canada, of the cars in this region of Canada (NB,NS,PEI) there are about 40 cars. 4 of those are Dodges, 3 true Dodges and 1 imposter. So that's roughly 10%. Our numbers here are very small compared to the US, but if 10% of the cars have Dodge bodies on them in the US there would be lots of Dodges. Maybe that's not the case in the US, maybe that's why fivestar won't make one.

10. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I can only speak for the SoCal area but I can tell you that there are no true Mopars racing in any oval track series here (except Figure 8 racing) including Sprint cars where only a Mopar motor would be required for a basically generic body. I think that Mopar racers north of the border get more Mopar support for some reason. You guys are lucky.