Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford's new view of "Win on Sunday & sell on Monday"

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Fast Eddie, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Ford still believes........

2. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I posted that link (and my response) on the Dodge in Nascar thread before I saw that it had been posted here. I don't think that it is a "new view" at all. Ford has been steadily stepping up their factory support in several major motorsports series all over the world.

3. Volunteer

Volunteer Well-Known Member

I assume with the exception of Pro-Stock drag racing.

4. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Ford's support in NHRA has migrated to the doorslammer classes. There are several dozen Mustangs running in SS, Stock, and the new Factory Stock categories and they hold multiple NHRA natl records. Ford ran full page ads in "National Dragster" when they were the first NHRA Stockers "into the 8's". They may have been prescient as Mopar is now also switching support to those classes, but Ford has a 3 or 4 year head start.

#5 Beentherebefore, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I just posted this link on the Dodge in Nascar thread before I saw it here. It's not just Ford but the other two manufacturers participating in Nascar see value for their entire brand (not just the specific models that they race at the tracks) emanating from the exposure their brands get from Nascar racing. Not a surprise to me or quite a few others that have been making that claim for years on this board.

Mopar Jerry likes this.