Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found picture of my first min-van

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by Fast Eddie, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Bought new on August 16, 1993 for $14,586.39 out the door. Sales lady threw in some deluxe hubcaps off another Chrysler product and when we went to pick the van up she had a dozen roses for my wife. She said she sold 3 vehicles that day and that we were her good luck charm.
    Our 1993 Plymouth Voyager mini-van.jpg

Doug D likes this.
  2. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I like it. What drive train did it have?

3. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

3.0L V-6.................
    Donated it to a local church when it had 144,000 miles on it...................and still had the original stainless steel exhaust system. Actually the complete engine was original...................never replaced any engine part at all. Changed the plugs once and NEVER replaced any of the belts. AWESOME vehicle.

4. Lee N. Burns

Level 2 Supporter

Yikes man, those things are like a greenhouse w/o tinted glass... Even in MI.

DC-93 likes this.
  5. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Man I had one almost exactly like that. Mine had tinted windows, gray interior and the 3.0 also. It got repossessed by Chrysler when I lost my business and went bankrupt. Things happen when a large company moves in and pushes the little man out, right? Long time ago.

6. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Active Member

Now that is an awesome sales rep giving roses to your wife.

Interesting stainless steel exhaust on what looks like a base model shorty? Which trim level was it?
    Because I have a 92 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE with the 3.3 Liter and the A604/ 41TE. I have replaced the exhaust system many times. When I bought it in 1998 used with 53,000 miles on it the muffler was going on it. It was a trade in at the local Chrysler/ Plymouth/ Dodge dealer in Fox Lake Illinois.

7. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Exhaust construction did not vary by trim level, but the quality of the stainless components varied greatly by year.

8. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Active Member

To the best of my knowledge, the exhaust system on my 92 was not stainless.

My 1987 Shelby CSX had a stainless steel exhaust system. 120,000 miles and never had any problems with the exhaust system.

9. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Well, this 93 LE mini-van had a stainless steel exhaust system. 7 passenger seating, red interior, and the hubcaps came off of a Chrysler Salon car. This van was a dealer swap vehicle and had 154 miles on it. Came from a dealer in the middle part of Michigan.

10. Ray Green

Ray Green Living in RV heaven. You think cars are bad!

Wish I could find a pic of my first one. It was a 1984, 2.2L with a standard tranny.

11. Gerry G

Gerry G Well-Known Member

I found a picture of my first GC; on the CD cover of the Black Keys 'El Camino' - the woody

12. Stephen

Stephen Active Member

I got this '95 when I went to work repping for a bicycle company. It had been the company car of the previous rep in the territory and had 27K on it when I began driving it. I bought it from the company when I left and proceeded to drive it to over 300K. 3.0 V6 and a twice-rebuilt 3-speed automatic, it was still a terrific little van. I think the engine required only a water pump in all that driving. I've had three others since, a second white '95 (Grand Voyager that time), followed by two consecutive '05 SXTs, the second one bought just this week. This marks my 20th year of driving Mopar minivans.

By the way, there are probably 10-12 bikes in the pictured van, front wheels off and set across the van alternating facing left and right. I carried a bunch of stuff in that thing, and in all the ones since.
    Giant van.JPG