AF: Freshly Painted | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freshly Painted

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by dc8flyer, Feb 21, 2020.

1. dc8flyer

dc8flyer Well-Known Member

Old Paint: First Picture

[​IMG]

New: All other Pictures:

Attached Files:

2. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

3. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Nice looking car, quite comfortable also.

4. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Looks great!!

I have a 1988 LeBaron 4 dr in the same color with plush Burgundy interior.

Thanks
    Randy

5. dc8flyer

Sounds like we have the same interior as well. This is an older picture of the interior.

Picture 039.jpg

6. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

That looks good! It looks like the same color as my '88 Shadow. But, I had a boring tan interior.

7. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Nice job. Looks like a new car. Did you paint it yourself?

8. dc8flyer

Not the car but the window trim.

chuzz likes this.
  9. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Thats the kind of car chrysler needs now.

10. Duner

Duner Active Member

11. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Nice. I love that color. My old Citation II was the same with dark brown lower body.

Nothing more exciting than new paint, that produces such a profound difference and more fun than getting a new car IMHO.

I had my 86 Olds Calais painted this past summer and I get special pleasure in looking at a nicely kept 80s car. I hope you get the same satisfaction. Good work.

12. dc8flyer

Thanks,

I considered if it was time to move on or keep what I have, besides it all works and I can do some of the easier repairs it may need on occasion. What I put into it, transmission, brake booster, shocks/struts, wheel tires, etc all add up to a lower used car purchase and I have on it what I want instead of having to add to a used purchase.

I also like it when younger guys want to look at the car because they grew up in one with their dad at the wheel. I left the airport one time and there was a note on the car from someone interested in buying it, others taking pictures of it while driving on the road (I was wondering why this guy was tailgating me) or others at the grocery-best buy-home depot parking lots wanting to look it over.

It's good for at least another five to ten years, pay less property tax on it as well.

Citation84 likes this.
  13. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

You have the right attitude and the right car: paid off and not someone else's headache. Plus it looks good.

Not sure if anything built in the last five years would suit me, as the styling is so bad and electronic gimmick bloat makes even the most modest car questionable for long term [15-20 yrs] use. [ the lament in 2032: "My kingdom for a sensor ".]

Yes,long term parts availability for these newer cars concerns me. I keep and maintain what I have for absurdly long periods so it's a factor.

DC8flyer, you're representing and giving the public a treat every time you take that car out on top of satisfying yourself and your wallet. Excellent. The view out the windshield is improved seeing cars like this still on the road.

14. dc8flyer

I had another offer to buy on the spot last week. I'm glad he liked it but after the work done these past 6-8 months no one would pay what I have put into the car.

Took a few more pics. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

15. tomlct

tomlct Member

Beautiful. Is that shade "Rosewood Pearl Coat"? My 88 Aries wagon is Rosewood, never garaged, and the paint is very faded. I hope that at some point I can have it repainted. Seeing a before and after in this shade is really nice to see. It's kind of shiny in this pic (last week), but it fades in a short time.

Attached Files:

16. dc8flyer

The color is Champagne.

One thick coat of clear followed by one more average layer of clear.

I like your wagon. If the clear coat is still in tack you might try restoring some of the shine with a Clay Brick. It will pull out a lot of contaminants from the clear coat. There are some examples on YouTube from car detailers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfbSQBzESDA

chuzz likes this.