AF: Front and rear window molding clips | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front and rear window molding clips

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by dart swg., Sep 5, 2012.

1. dart swg.

dart swg. New Member

I can't seem to find theese clips. The ones i did find don't list a 72 dart. Is it different or is it the same as the years around it Thanks

2. Volunteer

Volunteer Well-Known Member

These are the metal clips perpendicular to glass surface, as fitted on metal pins and then chrome trim is snapped into place? They are usually checked and/or installed with either window glass. What is wrong with yours? I may suggest you try any popular automotive windshield installation shop. (if this topic was posted and replied to elsewhere then I apologize). Reason I say this is because it has been 11 days since original posting on this page and (surprisingly) NO responses.

3. dart swg.

dart swg. New Member

Yes they are the clips to attach the molding to the car.Was wondering if they are all the same.They list all other years other than 72. So i didn't no if they are all the same. Other question ,do they have to go in before the windows. Thanks for the info. Some of the clips have screws holding them in.

4. dana44

Ad-Free Member

They do go in before the glass and chrome easiest, but they can be added afterwards as long as they don't have to be screwed in. They kind of snap onto the metal pins and then a little spring action keeps them in place. Take an old one down to the auto glass shop and they can match them up.

5. dart swg.

dart swg. New Member

Thanks for the info guys, Joe

6. Volunteer

Volunteer Well-Known Member

Exactly. Only issue may be the over-abundance of that black 'goo' used to seal glass and/or weatherstrip. It will have to be cleared out of the area so clip can be attached. :)

7. dart swg.

dart swg. New Member

It doesn't have that black sealant . It has a molded seal which goes around the windows, and the window fits into it. Thats one of the other problems , i can't find anyone that will take the windows out and put them back in . They tell me no guarantee they won't break it.