Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Dart Aero, stick, turbo 1.4, 8.4 stereo

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by Dave Z, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

A fine stereo, the fancy rear tail-lights, USB port, stick-shift, 8.4” radio screen, and 7” customizable gauge-cluster screen.

The car is in excellent shape overall. Red outside, black inside. Minor scratches on rear bumper. In northern NJ.

Looking for $7,800, negotiable. If you agree to wait till I have a replacement, I'll negotiate more readily.

[​IMG]

#1 Dave Z, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

What year is that? miles? I'm currently trying to sell my 2013 Limited 2.0 with 92K miles that has been meticulously maintained and I'm not seeing offers anywhere close to what your asking. It's been a big disappointment. Most likely will just go with it to get rid of it.

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

40,000 miles, very nicely maintained. Is your Limited 2.0 a stick shift?

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Price drop to $7800

5. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Nope, it's an automatic. May end up doing something I never thought I would do. I am close to getting a Civic to replace it. I use my personal car for work and I would take too much of a hit in gas reimbursement if I stick with FCA.

6. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Look around. Mazda3 is a fun light car, like the Neon, and Hyundai has some unbeatable deals and high quality ratings. LOTS of choices for an automatic car. Heck, there are models of the Prius that are very competitive for just going back and forth especially in high traffic. Nissan has a deal on the Leaf for $15,000.

7. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Have you driven a turbo Civic? Quite the car. I was beyond impressed with it. I'm going to miss my heated steering wheel though. lol

8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I might look at that, I just hate to be associated with the usual Honda owners... either incredibly snooty or prone to putting “fx” onto their cars...

I was really hoping to stay American, but GM seems to believe manual drivers are cheep.

My most likely move is to stick with the Dart for two more years and hope nothing major seizes or falls off.

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Civic Si DOES look nice. Good mileage, ugly styling, ... only black interiors? that sucks... great power ratings for the mileage.
    Far better maintenance specs than Fiat. No HID or LED headlights...

The regular Civic (2-liter) also has a stick, with gray cloth and other options — the EX-T has the same engine as the Si.

They all take regular gas. LED headlights on Touring if you get the CVT...

I did want brighter lights, too... otherwise I could just stick with GM.

Guess I’ll drive my Dart till if falls apart - I hear the 2019 cars should be nice ;)

10. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Well, for the heck of it I stopped at a Hyundai dealer and drove an Elantra. Darn nice car and pretty cheap. Drove a Limited and it is pretty comparable to my Dart Limited 2.0. I know they have the exact same 6 speed auto and the power seems about the same from the 2 engines. I'm going to go back and drive an Elantra Sport with the turbo and DCT. I'm now leaning towards the Elantra over the Civic.

11. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I seriously thought about the Elantra Sport. I haven't driven one yet.

12. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Driving one this evening. I'm not a stick guy so it will be the DCT. I'll let you know. Pretty set on the Elantra now, just not sure if I want to be conservative or splurge.

13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

It's an incredible package. If you can get a REALLY good deal the VWs are very nice. Don't forget the American (mostly) option: Chevrolet Cruze.

14. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Ended up going with a 17 Civic EX-T. It was the best combo of performance and "daily driver". It drives and feels like a luxury car compared to the Dart. Elantra Sport was great but the maintenance costs were much higher, lower gas mileage, and the sport seats had too much side bolstering for me that could make long trips in it uncomfortable. I could not of lived daily with the base Elantra 2.0 Atkinson. Way too buzzy and NVH was poor when pushing the engine. The Cruze's start/stop system was horrible and you cannot turn it off- I could not live with that every day either. I decided I could tolerate the sometimes slow and confusing infotainment system because the Civic was such a joy to drive. I have not had this much fun driving a car since my 1995 Plymouth Neon. That turbo 1.5 and CVT is excellent. The hype about the Civic is legit.