AF: Full info: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivans | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full info: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivans

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

The minivan will have AWD available before the year is out.

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Give them sometime, if they showed all their cards now they wouldn't have anything to show for 2018 as an improvement.

Mike

Prabhjot and TripleT like this.
  3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Didn't Sergio already say AWD was coming?
    They should have at least mentioned that it was coming while so many eyes were on them (at least if the webcast had worked a lot of eyes would have been on them).

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Is anywhere info how much HSS, EHSS and UHSS is used? It looks like we'll see much lighter weight next gen FCA vehicles.

IMO, those are nothing like this new Chrysler. This new Pacifica is more similar to Mercedes V Class.

5. BASONE88

Supporter

Does anybody else see the 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner w/the big wing? There's gotta be a model with the Warner Bros. Roadrunner; saying "Meep, Meep," right?

6. Andraz3d

Andraz3d Active Member

Mercedes v class is rwd, longer, more expensive too I guess. So I guess pacifica fits between Espace and v-class?

7. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Why? Roll that out next year... each year have a big addition

8. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Well-Known Member

I see a possibility that hybrids would be AWD with fuel-burning FWD and electric RWD. The throttle synchronization problem seems to have been solved in Accura MDXs hybrid AWD model. There are others with that combination on the market now too.

Prabhjot likes this.
  9. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Sure, why not wait and give Toyota another year to bash your product for not having AWD like the Sienna. Makes perfect sense.

Ian and Zagnut27 like this.
  10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

At the very least you should have AWD out long before this time next year so people wanting to buy AWD for winter can have it. Pushing it past late summer/early fall again shows no understanding of the US market. No later than the traditional changeover to 2017 models.

Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  11. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I really like the new van. And I don't care what it's called, it could be the Chrysler Boxx for all I care, and it would still look like a really cool vehicle. Makes me kind of wish I had need of a minivan.

Prabhjot and UN4GTBL like this.
  12. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

If it doesn't arrive, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're working out the details. But you're right, having it here before next winter would be a good idea.

13. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

Only thing I haven't seen discussed is towing capability.
    Wish they could figure out how to give this 4500-5000 lb towing and I could get rid of the SUV.
    For kid hauling..and just hauling stuff, nothing is better than minivans.
    Plus they are just easier to live with day to day.

UN4GTBL and somber like this.
  14. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Makes you wonder how something so practical, so easy to get in and out of, has such a negative stigma attached to it. They're like Swiss army knives on wheels. And a great value, IMO.

XRT2SRT, UN4GTBL, MPE426HEMI and 3 others like this.
  15. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Try telling that to my daughter who has three children. She absolutely refuses to consider a minivan even though it really is the most practical vehicle for her. At best she would consider a crossover or SUV. I've told her a SUV is a) not Sporty, b) limited utility, while c) it is a vehicle.

As to AWD - what was the take rate the for the last AWD minivan Chrysler had? I don't think it was very high. If so, there may not be a strong enough business case for AWD. Unless you live in a snow state, AWD is a waste. I had a '00 T&C Ltd AWD from 2003-2008. The area I live in gets snow sporadically. In the time I owned it we never got any deep snow storms.

16. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

If you have small children in car seats, a minivan makes life so much easier. That's why I purchased my first one. I was tired of dealing with getting kids and their seats in and out of sedans and my Dakota. The room, the flexible seating, large sliding doors and rear liftgate just make my day.

As for AWD, I can't recall what Chryslers take rate was, but I believe it accounts for about 20% of Sienna sales today. If FCA could match that take rate, it could mean 40K-50K units a year eventually, assuming that the Pacifica can match combined GC and T&C sales.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  17. somber

somber 370,000 miles

Maybe if one or more of her children get interested in music? My daughter was almost the entire percussion section for our local community orchestra. Several times we've had to load 3 timpani, a 3.5 octave xylophone, and numerous other smaller instruments (snare, temple blocks, electronic keyboard, amplifier, etc). No way that fits into a crossover or most SUVs.

Now that my daughter's left home, I still can't imagine not having a minivan - especially one with Stow 'n Go. It truly makes my life easier and better.

Prabhjot, UN4GTBL and wvutuba like this.
  18. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Isn't it amazing how much stuff comes with kids? It seems the older they get the more stuff you have to haul around. Then when they go off to college you get to use your minivan to move them back and forth for 4 years times X number of kids. Been there, done that.

danbek, Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  19. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I would have loved the AWD minivan, for Winter, however it was priced right out of my range. That was my biggest problem. I wouldn't think of wasting a dime on it if I lived somewhere you didn't have to deal with ice and snow.
    It's the same deal with the Journey. The US gets a decently priced AWD version and in Canada I have to buy a fully loaded R/T to get it.

20. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

You don't have to tell me. When all four of our kids were still at home (only one now) our '00 T&C Ltd came in real handy. Don't know what we would have done without it.

As for college - we ended up using my Ram as we had to move furniture into the apartment he was renting.