AF: Future Product Plans (merged) | Page 34 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Product Plans (merged)

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by 24grant24, May 23, 2012.

1. tomtex

tomtex Member

.What jeep needs is an 4X4 trail rated van , that we hunters fishemen can buy.

2. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

Hunters & Fisherman (Fisherperson) New Buddy ? - Will it be The New KL "Trailhawk" Model ?

If it has Full Jeep Equipment - I'm Might Trade It for a 11 Nitro.

Like I Don't Know.

Did I Tell Everyone About My Home Brewed Skip Plates I Put on My Nitro.

The Oil Heat Exchanger Hung so Low I Was Worried About Driving it on the Expressway Let Alone Off Road.

TMD

And Now the Question

"What is a Usual Low Ratio for a 2-Speed Transfer Case (or is It Called a PTO) ?

3. AutoTechnician

AutoTechnician Well-Known Member

I do not know about transverse based multi-range AWD/4x4 setups, but I've found that most domestically sold vehicles with longitudinal transfercases seem to have a low range reduction between 2.0:1 and 2.75:1, whether it be a Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler or even a Toyota product. The exception to that being the Rubicon's NV241OR with a 4:1 low range. If anyone knows of other production civilian transfercases/vehicles with a low range ratio outside of that range, please let me know.

4. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

I'm good with the CVT, the pedal keeps the engine in its power band as the road speed catches up. Twice I've driven a Patriot cross country averaging 27 mpg while having no problem keeping up with the 80 mph Texas speed limit. Four years so far and not one issue.

And now the answer

Low range gear reduction is 2.72 : 1 in most of the jeeps and trucks or 4 : 1 in the Rubicon, the Power Take Off is a hydraulic pump installed on the transmission of a medium duty truck to power accessories such as dump boxes or wrecker bodies installed by up fitters.

5. JTE

JTE Well-Known Member

Yes, I incorrectly responded that way because I have always packaged the whole system, drive, actuator, pump and hose routing as an assembly.
    I worked my way through college driving a 700 series road oil truck that had the pto spinning a shaft driving a huge 2 1/2 inch pump that would mess up a gravel road in no time.

6. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

I used to work on and somtimes drive a 1952 F8 Ford with 317 cu. in. (truck version of the Lincoln engine) that had a 5 speed main and 3 speed auxillary that had a top mount PTO on the auxillary that drove a 50k Braden mechanical winch (chain drive). Truck was a 3 axle with fifth wheel, "A" frame lift that was either front or rear mounted and had a 2000 lb front bumper (could lift 15000 lb over the rear easy). Primary use was hauling a lowboy full of cribbing to the jobsite then moving anything around the job and then winching heavy items (primarily houses and dock cranes) from docks to barges or old foundation sites to the road and back on to new foundations. When the main was in low, the PTO turned so slow that you could have the winch pulling at about 6" per minute at idle and it would pull all 50k at idle too. Most PTO's today are much lighter duty.

7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

So if low range is 2.72:1, then the final gear ratio would be 3.99:1. I guess that the non-Trailhawk Cherokees will have a higher final gear ratio.

8. oh2o

Level III Supporter

I believe FDR will be closer to 3.50:1.

9. Sir Moses Wellington

Sir Moses Wellington Well-Known Member

Roosevelt had a transfere case?

10. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

In his wheelchair :p

11. fenderbass

fenderbass Well-Known Member

Wait...it that an actual question or a clue?

12. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Sounds to me like a KLue :)

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Well the 2014 Chrysler 200 is set for a debut in Detroit for sure, it will be the highlight of the Chrysler Group stable for sure. Now, one 2014 Jeep vehicle will also debut at Detroit... will more than likely be the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (save completely new Liberty/Cherokee for New York and the fact the GC and Durango are built only 8 miles from Cobo Hall as well). 2014 Challenger will more than likely be shown at Chicago. 2014 Dodge Durango will more than likely be shown in Detroit. Revamped 2014 Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300, I feel will be saved for a New York introduction. Look for two new special edition Ram 1500 models to debut in Chicago (Lil' Red Express and Warlock) as well as a permier of the Ram ProMaster!

redriderbob

14. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Revamped 2014 Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300? I was under the impression that a mild refresh was scheduled for 2015 and the new 300 in 2017.

15. superduckie5000

Level III Supporter

Yes.

TMD

Another "Question" 3.512 ?

16. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Ref p#689

17. fenderbass

Hmmmm...

Transverse mounted engine with transfer case (which would be weird...right?)???

Or the new 9sp with 2 gears dedicated to super low ratios???

Either way, it does kinda seem that jeep engines are trying to give her some sort of offroad ability.

18. superduckie5000

Level III Supporter

Tool & Die Make Tend to Think Out to 3 or 4 Decimal Places.

That's Right It's Not N-S Engine Bay!

TMD

19. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

The answer is completely spelled out today in the "Death of Jeep?" Thread.

20. fenderbass

Going there now. I haven't kept up with it.

Just read it. 2speed pto setup. I have never heard or seen a setup like that.