Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a job with FCA

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by MoparGuy413, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Have seen a lot of temporary jobs turn into permanent jobs where I work ... think of it as a trail period.. testing you out.. give it your best

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

That internship could be your first step in the door. Showing an interest in learning the business is a big help. We get many interns that are just here for an internship and not interested in learning the business. They can sure play computers but don't want to learn what we do with them.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. dakota21

Supporter

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm just glad that it's an internship that's more hands-on based. My current co-op has me sitting in a cubicle all day and it can get kinda dull.

4. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

I got to drive the Eagle Premier on the Lap of America. It was pretty cool!

5. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

One thing I saw when I worked at CTC is don't take a contractor job unless you are desparate. They hardly ever make you a direct hire. I saw many, many excellent guys who were contractors who worked their butt off and tried to get hired directly get frustrated and eventually leave or else just stayed and ended up working 10, 15 even 20 years as a contractor.

cygnus and rapidtrans like this.
  6. DC-93

DC-93 Active Member

Since the dark days of 08, 09, I DID see the sharp contract guys get direct.
    But I also saw a lot of the kids leave when they weren't made a Director after 2 years with the company! lol!!!

Their parents raised failures.

7. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

In my industry (aerospace) being a contractor gets you a lot more money than being direct. You just have to be willing to move around if necessary. Sounds like the auto industry is different?

8. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

This thread has been invaluable to me, and to the others that might be in the same position as myself. For that, I thank the posters who have contributed.

As I said Friday, I contacted a guy who works for FCA that is an alumnus of my university and was also involved the Baja SAE program asking for help.

He forwarded my resume to a recruiting company that recruits for FCA. One of the representatives of that company connected with me on LinkedIn, and also contacted me by e-mail with approximately a dozen positions for me to review and when I can talk with her.

Feels positive.

UN4GTBL, Prabhjot, Devildodge and 7 others like this.
  9. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

[​IMG]

dodgeismycar likes this.
  10. MoparGuy413

Should be speaking with the recruiter that contacted me at some point tomorrow.

Hoping for a good conversation, and hopefully leads to an interview/career with FCA

11. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Good luck. It is always refreshing to know someone who cares and enjoys Mopar wants to get into working for them.

Good luck and many well wishes

12. MoparGuy413

Thank you.

Working for FCA would be a dream come true, quite truthfully

13. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Great idea, easier to get a job when you have one. Job hopping I worked my way up from wire puller to Senior Field Engineer. Got a brand new 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite pulling wires! It had high end interrior with 318, bolted on dual exhausts, gas station attendants thought it was a GTX!

aldo90731 likes this.
  14. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I did up my '63 318" Fury like that. Also added a slight rake and drove around with no hubcaps. The car looked very cool (and mean). Unfortunately, in the mid 60s, there was somebody that wanted to go off with you at just about every stoplight in SoCal and a 318" wasn't the motor to have in a street brawl. I worried that the guys who beat me would go around bragging that they had shot down a 383" or a max-wedge Mopar. In '68, I upgraded to a 440" Charger - a much, much better street brawler :D.

15. jerseyjoe

1966 Rented a 390 Mercury Comet in California before I shipped out, high performance car of the "month". Driving on one of the big throughways near Lions dragstrip, very low traffic at the time! Left side a GTO pulls up, right side 66 Baracuda with big hood scoop on the right, nailed it! When the smoke cleared I could not see them! Often wondered who won?
    :D

16. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

A few months after I bought that Charger I was driving down the newly opened L.A. - San Diego Fwy (now I -5) on a Sunday afternoon on my way to the drags @ Carlsbad Raceway. They had just completed the Fwy construction about a month before and there was hardly anybody on it. I was cruising along @ about 75mph when an E-Jag pulled alongside of me and blipped his motor a few times indicating "let's get it on"! That Charger had a 150mph speedometer and I was pretty close to pegging it and that Jag was still right alongside. Then I noticed that my Charger was not really responding to steering inputs - as Dodge's Nascar racers were finding out, that recessed grille trapped air and was making the front end actually lift. Needless to say, discretion got the best of valor and the Jag driver got the bragging rights. That was the only "street" race that I lost with that car....................except I was running dead heat with a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang from a stoplight once when a hiding CHP motorcycle cop pulled us both over and left that contest "undecided" ;).

Mopartial and jerseyjoe like this.
  17. jerseyjoe

When gas spiked I bought two 68 Chargers to make one, parted with it a few years ago when I downsized. Always liked E type Jag. Sounds like you almost played out "Dead mans curve". The "Man In Charge" don't want us yet. Truth is I seldom get much over 70 "for long" now.

18. MoparGuy413

Now, just waiting for my recruiter to do her job. She has my resume, that she re-worked, and some other things that she requested.

In the interim, waiting for FCA to contact me direct regarding other positions that I've applied for, and applying for other jobs.

Devildodge likes this.
  19. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Did you apply for a unit leader (line supervisor) position?
    Bet you they'd have certainly hired you for that one. They've hired people with communications degrees that can't distinguish an alternator from an A/C compressor as a unit leader.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Maybe I should apply for that, then... I’m overcredentialed in the wrong field but I can listen...