Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a job with FCA

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by MoparGuy413, Apr 6, 2017.

1. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Have a phone interview this Thursday with a hiring manager for a position via my recruiter.

I would've, and I'm sure the hiring manager would've, preferred a face to face interview. But, finals this week plus graduation made that impossible

dakota21, Devildodge and ScramFan like this.
  2. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Phone interviews are a great time to show enthusiasm, knowledge and listening skills without the visual getting in the way.

Prepare and "wow" the interviewer with your knowledge of the position, the difficulties and have some possible solutions ready to show you can be a contributor.

3. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

The boss who hired me into this position 16 years ago started by calling me around 9:45 pm at home, to catch me off guard, and asked some initial questions. I heard that that was his technique for screening people. I must have done OK, as he called me in for an interview, and 4 other interviews and 2 hours later, I had the job.

UN4GTBL and wtxiceman like this.
  4. MoparGuy413

Well, to give an update. The phone interview was supposed to change to a MS Lync interview, similar to Skype. Not sure if it was my end or theirs, but the video thing never worked, so it was a phone interview with 2 different hiring managers. I found out yesterday that it was for 2 separate positions, which is interesting.

This morning, my recruiter e-mailed me with a face-to-face interview request for a different position for this Friday. I'm excited, but scrambling at the same time. My part time job will not be happy about me needing Friday off when I'm scheduled to work, but such is life.

#44 MoparGuy413, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    dakota21, ScramFan, DarkSky and 6 others like this.
  5. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Active Member

Good luck!!!!!!

6. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Great things happen to those who make them happen.

Good luck!

7. MoparGuy413

Lately, I find myself getting more sentimental, perhaps because I'm getting older. I'll be 29 in October.

People always ask me why I'm a MOPAR guy, or why I'm a fanatic for anything/everything FCA.

Not only is it the cars, and the heritage, and everything that goes along with it. But, it's a community, bordering on a family.

I'm a reasonably new person to this forum, and every person on here has offered incredibly helpful advice, personal stories, and many wishes of good luck.

Truly, from the the bottom of my heart, thank you.

UN4GTBL, Zagnut27, GasAxe and 9 others like this.
  8. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I hope you succeed in getting your job. Seems like you have impressed a few people and hopefully this allows you to get the job you want.

Thanks for keeping us posted and hopefully more good news soon

MoparGuy413 likes this.
  9. MoparGuy413

Found out the job I phone interviewed for last week, I did not get. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting to get a job following my first interview with a hiring manager, but it was good practice moving forward. On to the next.

UN4GTBL and Devildodge like this.
  10. Manic

Manic Member

Have you tried applying for an SVR position? They may be summer jobs but they pay well for what they are and it will get your foot in the door.

11. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

That is the right attitude!

Every interview you can get is good practice. You learn how to answer different questions and how to talk about your skills in a clear and compact way.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. MoparGuy413

Updates. Man, today was a good day.

Got to my hotel last night ready to rock and roll today. While getting ready at my hotel for my scheduled interview, my recruiter e-mailed me with another possible position.

Went to my recruiter's office, went to lunch, then back to the office for final prep work before going to the Tech Center.

Talking to the hiring manager on our way to the room where the interview would be conducted, found out this position is in relation to the DT project, which is super cool.

The interview, I think, went really well. It was very laid back, very informal. Which is where I tend to excel.

As I'm leaving CTC, find out the aforementioned position from this morning could squeeze me in for an interview over at Featherstone, so away I went.

That interview fell apart, unfortunately, for reasons that I'm unclear about. Hopefully, a phone interview could be scheduled.

Now, I'm sitting in Vinsetta Garage eating dinner before heading home

UN4GTBL, somber, dakota21 and 4 others like this.
  13. MoparGuy413

Just got word from my recruiter that the hiring manager from the position at Featherstone, the 2nd interview Friday that fell apart because of reasons, would like a phone interview this week.

Scheduled for Wednesday at 2PM

14. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I suspect GM will be next. FCA is relatively lightly staffed and probably won’t cut anyone for a while.

Prabhjot, DC-93 and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  15. DC-93

DC-93 Active Member

Before I retired last year, it was the same old stuff - padding the workforce.
    In the upcoming downturn, it will let the management pick and choose.

16. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Hmmmph.

[as in, that’s an expensive, wasteful, and heartless substitute for having decent performance management systems.]

17. MoparGuy413

Well, today's phone interview was more of a 'get to know me/my background' conversation. Next step would be face to face at Featherstone. She said she would make a decision within a week

18. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

[​IMG]

DC-93 likes this.