Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giulia Coupe

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by AlfaCuda, Sep 18, 2017.

1. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

If you simply meant to point out that everyone has to make educated guesses at model margins as these are not disclosed, perhaps the quip about the weak-minded wasn't the best way to finish it.

If you were not rebutting the claim that the VW Golf model's margins are probably significantly below 2%, then I apologise.

Morty likes this.
  2. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

The "weak-minded" comment was aimed at those who read someone else claiming they know what margins are for a particular model. People who post at Allpar should know better than to believe anyone outside the company knows what the margins are on a particular model.

To the point here, I would not be surprised to find out that VAG made razor thin margins on the Golf, but I would not bet money on that, nor would I be trying to tell people that I know it for a fact.

3. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

The VW group has very good margins. The VW brand doesn't. They discriminate profit margins per brand in their reports.
    Porsche, Audi and Skoda have the best margins in the group. Even if the VW brand doesn't have a lot of profit they recoup with the other brands...

They're trying to change that recently I think.