Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giulia Test Drives

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by AlfaCuda, May 10, 2016.

1. JeepandRams

JeepandRams Active Member

Better to win than not!

Morty, AlfaCuda, danbek and 2 others like this.
  2. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Absolutely! The Giulia and Levante interiors are fantastic. The Giulia is a wonderful vehicle and nobody can take anything away from it. They did what they set out to do. Now, it is all about the quality and customer service as well as bringing more vehicles out for those brands and more.

3. CivoLee

CivoLee Active Member

Used to be there. They gave in to the "us and them" crowd.

4. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

You are right,lot of bad Alfa talk by some people on Allpar,then suddenly they like Alfa?

We are one company,lets thrive as one company.

JayhawkOne and danbek like this.
  5. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

@Dave Z

Are the Mopar and Fiat news sections separate to make forum navigation easier or for another functional purpose? If not, it might be time to think about merging them...

danbek and Prabhjot like this.
  6. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

I LOVE the idea of merging the two news sections, but you KNOW what will happen......

The "US VS. THEM" crowd will start screaming bloody blue murder!:D

7. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

German car design is to me design-by-commitee to lowest common global denominator, albeit that Mercedes has been trying to amplify the more 'androgenous' 'sensuality' of skinning, bling quotient etc.

But this is hilariously shocking: this new mercedes concept sedan at the Shanghai Auto Show is an all-too literal aping of the Alfa Giulia's skinning/roundedness, etc, and of course the perpetually aped maserati! The Korean firms could not have 'pirated' the latter's designs any 'better'!

http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-declares-the-time-of-creases-is-over-with-the-1794413637

Dave Z and ScramFan like this.
  8. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I don't think so. The companies have been merged for long enough that anyone who had a problem with it should have moved on by now. And it would be a very petty thing to complain about.

9. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

OH, GOOD GOD!

Just had a look at the concept car in the link. That grille looks like an almost complete ripoff of Maserati, and the car itself looks like the Giulia and Ghibli mated and had a love child!

OY!

10. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Why is this a surprise?

Alfa is the new kid on the block and the established players want to kill them before they get traction.

This is why Ford and Toyota are coming with vehicles that could take some sales from the Wrangler.......they see FCA as vulnerable.

In competition, you go after those that are weak before they get strong.

Prabhjot and M.O.D. like this.
  11. Chase300

Chase300 Active Member

The CX-9 has other issues such as lack of room for a 3 row SUV and not a lot of storage. Add a turbo 4 cyl as the only engine and you further limit sales. Most are going to prefer a V6 over a turbo 4 all day. It was not too long ago that mini-vans only had 4 cyl engines and what really pushed sales was installing V6's. To think people want to go back to 4 cyl or even a turbo 4 I think will be proven not true.
    I bet the take on the Explorer 4 cyl is very low compared to the V6 and I bet resale value is also very low with the 4 cyl. too.

12. T_690

T_690 Active Member

With NA V6 you can only got more top end compared to turbo Inline 4 and that's it. If power is SAE certified as GM is doing than you got less power than European turbo competition. :D

13. JayhawkOne

JayhawkOne Active Member

This sub-forum is well hidden, almost like they are embarrassed about it.

Having worked very hard on both Fiat and traditional "Chrysler Corp" products, I find it slightly insulting.

Back on topic, over the weekend I saw my first purchased Guilia (a Ti!) in the wild! It was looking gorgeous in Montecarlo Blue Metallic. Can't wait to test drive one!

14. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

Power is power regardless, it's just measured differently SAE vs whomever.

15. T_690

T_690 Active Member

But you end with GM engine which by them and SAE is having 280 HP which actually has same or less HP than BMW engine which officially has 240 HP. ATS vs 328i.

16. kanundrum

kanundrum New Member

17. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/alfa-romeo-giulia-vs-bmw-m4-competition

The final verdict is in, then: fca via Giorgio + new powertrains is THE frontier and the leap-frogging engineering (and needless to say: design) leader, again.

Actually: it always was, until Ferrari 'left'. No? ;-)

Unfortunately the old Mopar-enemy, Daimler/mercedes, couldn't be doing better globally at the moment, though, well behind fca though it (including amg, it would seem) remains engineering-wise. ;-)

BUT: imo the take-old-turf-back-globally-from-the-Germans is well underway!

Jeep+Maserati+Alfa, Land/RangeRover, now Volvo, even GM in China via Buick and Cadillac.....long ways to go in the global-marketplaces of course, but have the Germans not maxed-out what with their bloated PR and marketing and finance budgets, and their endless fascimiles of the same car and the same platform etc? Audi and bmw margins are no better than many mass manufacturers/brands, indeed lower than....tiny tinny carmaker Suzuki, and very soon (by 2018) fca-all-brands? ;-)

18. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

Morty likes this.
  19. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Car Magazine (South Africa)

Interesting the (few) notes about how it drives in track.

ScramFan likes this.