AF: Gladiator sales projections??? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator sales projections???

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 13, 2019.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

I just heard a number of the "projected" annual sales for the the Gladiator from what I thought might be a reliable source. Can anyone in the know confirm. My source said 140k per year.........that number in my opinion sounds wayyyy high. As one who will be selling these trucks I would be happy as hell if these number are true.....I personally dont see it. Also what type of cannibalization are they expecting to current JL sales. [​IMG]

Hemidakota, HotCarNut and jclick like this.
  2. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

I'd say low end of 90k, high 200k

The expected pricing will be the ultimate decider.

alltel12 likes this.
  3. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I thought i read 70-100k

4. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Sounds more like what the plant is capable of.

(It can produce more BTW.)

HotCarNut, VoiceOfReason and BASONE88 like this.
  5. BASONE88

Supporter

Maybe it'll top out at 140K first or second year(depending how fast they can make them)..and settle in at 70K at year three.

HotCarNut, Donte Lindsey and tomit like this.
  6. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I'd say if they can sell 100,000 they will be doing good. It's a shame a Hemi wouldn't work, because that would raise the testosterone levels way up along with even more sales. The diesel if it's good will help. Jeepers have been wanting one for years.

HotCarNut likes this.
  7. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

I think even i would be interested if it had a good diesel. And im not a jeeper.

HotCarNut and tlc like this.
  8. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

I agree , that sounds way high to me. I know the Jeepers are excited but the average buyer I don't believe will be buying this . It's a Jeep with a very small box on the back .

HotCarNut, CDJSalesPro and xjgary like this.
  9. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

My friend said that the representatives at the FCA dealer show had very high expectations of the Gladiator sales also.

His next comment was that he would buy a nicely equipped truck instead. He really liked the Gladiator though, and he's not really a truck guy either.

Wil

10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yep. Mr MoparNorm would’ve loved a Jeep truck especially with a good diesel.

11. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

Gladiator's flat bed design is going to be a much more attractive vehicle than JL to upfitters, so the sales predictions will also include vehicles that are bulk-bought for conversion. From seeing how Land Rover Defenders have been used in Europe, I think this is a major untapped market for Jeep.

xjgary and ScramFan like this.
  12. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

thats only 11,000 units a month. that should be ok to achieve after a full year production.

13. TripleT

TripleT Well-Known Member

Hmm the plant previously could only do about 180K, the carriers had to be lengthened to accommodate this model. Lets saying that moderately effects capacity.... 160K maybe..... Have to dig into the implementation and find the capacity constraint components. My guess 120K max. But its only a guess.

GasAxe, ScramFan and T_690 like this.
  14. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Haven't late Sergio said that goal is around 100k units per year?

ScramFan likes this.
  15. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Yes and he was very adamant at that time that the 3.0 V6 diesel would not fit. There was much discussion about how so much would have to be moved to accommodate it. I wish he was alive to see this truck.

16. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

All I know is I want one of these soooo bad, but its gonna take me a while to afford it.

17. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

For accuracy, he said it wouldn't have fit in the JK (due to the brake booster I believe). He stated, along with Bob, that if they wanted the JL to keep similar dimensions to the JK that the brake booster position would have to be redesigned or changed to a particular type of booster that would improve clearance. They expected FCA to use the 4 cyl diesel instead to save cost. Lucky for us FCA went all out powertrain-wise.

BASONE88, Adventurer55 and Zagnut27 like this.
  18. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Wow, lot's of big numbers being thrown around. I recall the 50-60k number being bandied about but I don't there is anything but speculation around Gladiator sales projections or targets. Personally I don't see the Gladiator competing with Tacoma or Colorado in terms of sales volume because it is much more of a niche vehicle.

HotCarNut, ralph.jones and jorisr like this.
  19. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

As others have said “it all comes down to price”.I expect the early units will be loaded up and priced in the 60’s. After the dust settles you had better be able to get one in the 30’s if they want to make it a high volume vehicle. I’m not sure they want it to be high volume, they may prefer high margin with low volume at least for the 1st couple of years.

20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

My wife really likes this truck. In fact she said she wouldn’t mind having one for herself. Hmmmmmm...his and hers Gladiators?? Now that would be interesting! :D File that under “ain’t gonna happen”, but still it’s a nice thought. :)

HotCarNut, Ryan, suzq044 and 3 others like this.