AF: Gladiator sales projections??? | Page 18 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator sales projections???

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 13, 2019.

1. moparfan06

moparfan06 Well-Known Member

I've got the Ecopia's on my Caliber. They seem good to me. They have worn better the Firestone Affinity Touring that were on it when it was new.

2. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member

I am happy that all the major tire manufacturers offer many choices for us. You can get cheap tires that do not last or do not handle or you can spend a lot for the best aspects that are important to you.

It is a better world where we have choices rather than being corralled into only one or a handful.

3. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

I like them. For years I had KO2s on my JKs; I wanted to try these next. I’m happy with them. They do well on the road and the trails.

HotCarNut and Erik Latranyi like this.
  4. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Just a word of caution, Grabbers are known to be pretty heavy as well. Like the BFGs, the extra strength increases weight.

5. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

Having logged some hours behind the wheel of a Gladiator Rubicon I can say (for myself) I haven't lost interest. I'm a Jeep guy and not a truck guy but need a truck. We just did a simple 2.5" lift kit that is very affordable with no notable side effects in driving. We also added 37" tires along with some upcoming bumper upgrades that really.... really.... really make this thing standout from all other trucks in its class.

Until these changes were made I would agree with most sentiments that the price is high, its note 100% truck nor 100% Jeep and its proportions are kind of off. With the changes it really is a game changer and something I will continue to save for when the time comes to buy my personal Gladiator. That is as long as the Diesel performs as needed.

As more are seen up-fitted and given a personable look (what makes a Jeep so popular over any other brand) I see the sales to raise steadily. I will agree tha price could be adjusted down a bit but that's wishful thinking.

tlc, HotCarNut, GasAxe and 3 others like this.
  6. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

Yeah, I know they're still heavier than street tires, but the Grabbers would save about 8 lbs per tire over the KO2s, not insignificant.

GasAxe likes this.
  7. brewdad

brewdad Member

@Ruptured Duck, how are the standard Falken all terrain tires on Gladiator Rubicon on paved roads? Most of my daily driving is paved roads and so far, all Gladiator Rubicon's in my area have sold before I could test drive one.

8. Ruptured Duck

Not bad. No real issues to note and no excess noise to speak of. we had about 500 miles on them.

brewdad likes this.
  9. brewdad

brewdad Member

Thanks for your reply; I did test drive an Overland and was surprised at how smooth and quiet it drove but no chance yet to drive a Rubicon.

10. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

The General Grabber Mud Terrains are super heavy. I had those on my 2013 Rubicon. They weighed 90 lbs each. With 10-ply construction they were indestructible, but they destroyed my steering components in 10,000 miles.

However, the Grabber All Terrains are comparable to KO2s. The SL-rated tires I got are about 45 lbs each, which is in line with other all terrains.

link3721 and GasAxe like this.
  11. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Every review I've seen has said they are 100% worthless in anything that isn't dry pavement. I'm not getting stuck in the Sierras during ski season knowing my Wrangler is home while we had to take the Durango to fit all the kids' crap. lol

valiant67 likes this.
  12. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

What's with the rear fender flare out past the box? I never noticed that before and it looks so out of place, it drives me crazy to look at. I dunno what else they could have done there, but it just looks wrong or dis-proportioned. Like an altered wheel base car.

aldo90731 likes this.
  13. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

But that’s what it is. A stretched-wheelbase SUV in this case.

14. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Horrible in snow, not that ever drive the Durango in really deep snow. They were OK in rain, even heavy rain. But the Ecopias barely passed state inspection at 28k miles. Once I swapped the tires, it rode and handled so much better than dry, rain and snow.

JKU12 likes this.
  15. WXman

WXman Active Member

When the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W first came out in March of 2016, I was one of the first guys to try a set. I had them in 285/70-17, which just happens to be the size Jeep is using on Gladiator now. Just FYI, I put nearly 30,000 miles on those tires on a Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 and the tires saw all terrains...snow, ice, mud, dirt, gravel roads, interstate trips, towing, etc. They were probably the best A/T tire I've ever used and I've used a lot of tires.

They're so good that I'm actually trying to find a set of Rubicon take-offs to swap onto my Sport right now.

brewdad, page2171 and aldo90731 like this.
  16. moparfan06

moparfan06 Well-Known Member

I've driven in 6 inches of snow with them. They did fine but I would have rather had my truck. It was a day when snow wasn't forecast so I drove the car to work.

17. Ruptured Duck

Unfortunately we have a 4 palatalized, shrink wrapped and placed in racking that we want be selling.... We use them from time to time to better transport or drive some jeeps. Otherwise I would offer them up. Give it a year or so and there will be plenty.

18. brewdad

brewdad Member

If I decide to order the Overland trim, that tire size is 255/70R18 and the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in that size is 32.1 diameter; would you know if that diameter tire would fit the Overland without tire rubbing issues?

19. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

MJAB likes this.
  20. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

So far I've seen two Gladiators in the wild. One in traffic and the other parked at Walmart.