AF: Gladiator sales projections??? | Page 30 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator sales projections???

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 13, 2019.

1. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I can’t argue with your logic. And I agree, it doesn’t even come close to the famous Imported from Detroit ad. Overall these ads are often a “gimmick” and feel good ad for brand fans. One can question if FCA can afford to have some fun like this. But then again, in a world where cat videos rule our daily entertainment and this now got over 41M YouTube views in 2 days what do I know? :)

HotCarNut, aldo90731 and Dave Z like this.
  2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I have to agree. It was a fun ad but it didn't really show much of the Jeep’s capabilities or why he would choose it over the original car. Nice to see his brother and the other guys in there but it seemed more like an ad for Groundhog Day DVDs.

I guess we'll know if it was successful, if suddenly the $9,000 rebates go away.

HotCarNut, aldo90731, hmk123 and 2 others like this.
  3. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Must admit, I didn’t realize rebates were that high already. For sure a buyer’s market. Will be interesting to see if the power dollars for Dodge will become a permanent theme...

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Don't count that as an official number, that was what allpar people said, and it might include rebates most people don't get, e.g. recent college grads, veterans, etc.

5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Keep this in mind:
    When Gladiator launched (after people had ordered Launch editions, but before they were delivered) FCA excluded the Gladiator from the Affiliate Rewards program (an automatic 1% below dealer invoice). This late announcement really set some people off. Some dealers took the hit and gave Affiliate Reward type discounts and some did not (probably why sole "sold" orders ended up on dealer lots).
    In July, my dealer had told me they might be able to get a Gladiator down close to Affiliate Rewards pricing but still not quite that low.
    Now the stock is building up. FCA had announced a $2000 rebate and it's likely other discounts are in the mix. I haven't looked if Gladiator is eligible for Affiliate Rewards which would make it (at the maximum) invoice-1%-$2000.
    When I took the Grand Cherokee in for service last week, the dealer had 20 Gladiators on one lot and 27 on the other. They hinted they could make a deal they couldn't 6 months ago. I politely declined.

UN4GTBL, Ruptured Duck and Dave Z like this.
  6. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Yea I was about to make that comment. I know a few dealerships will stack rebates to show a lower price than what's possible. So unless I'm a veteran senior citizen college student Chrysler employee who is a current Chrysler lessee, who is also trading in both an existing Chrysler vehicle under 5 years old and another makes car under 5 years old, I won't be able to take advantage of most of those discounts.

7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

To add to my previous post, I asked and Gladiator became eligible for Affiliate Rewards (invoice minus 1%) last fall, around the beginning of September.

UN4GTBL and tlc like this.
  8. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

I am surprised they need this much cash on the hood to sell Gladiators. Yes, I know there is much more competition for trucks than there is for Wranglers (which has no real competition at the moment). But, buyers have been buying loaded Rubicon Wranglers for years, forking over 50k+ for tons of them without much of any cash on the hood. Getting a conquest mid sized truck buyer to jump over to Gladiator at a high price is one thing.... but I'm just surprised there aren't more regular Jeep and Wrangler buyers buying them like they have Wranglers all these years.

gminnebo likes this.
  9. aldo90731

Geez, if Nissan pulled resources from three technical centers and countless trans-Pacific trips, and the best they could muster was that mediocre Pathfinder, there really is no hope for Nissan.

Chase300 likes this.
  10. aldo90731

You can see Mr Eminem after minute 1:30

11. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

That was the original commercial. I don't recall him in the subsequent ones.

12. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

Because I had good relations with my dealer and had purchased a number of JL's and JK's for the business I was able to get a great deal. Basically 5K off the sticker. This was what made me pull the trigger. Otherwise i would have been looking at something else. Getting 5k off a Rubicon in August was very nice.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

My dealer was very upfront with me. In July, on a Sport, I wasn't getting much off a Sport and the Sports they had were way less optioned than I wanted. So I looked at the higher trims, many well over $50k. And like I said before, for that money I could get a new very well equipped Ram Classic 1500 and a used JK - so I did.

14. aldo90731

He wasn't. But the connection to Eminen's personal story remained part of the "Imported from Detroit" campaign.

Can Jeep leverage a connection with Bill Murray going forward? Unlikely.

15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

:D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWcRqPesws

16. Bionicrooster

Bionicrooster Well-Known Member

I still think price has something to do with it. Its hard to find a gladiator around here on a lot that isn't close to or over 50k. But a JLU sport S nicely optioned can be had for under 40k. Thats what made the decision for me.

aldo90731 and Zagnut27 like this.
  17. aldo90731

Another article complaining about Gladiator’s price: Gladiator's tough opponent: Price

It was somewhat easier for FCA to get away with runaway pricing on Wrangler, but Gladiator has more direct competitors, providing more points of reference.

HotCarNut, page2171 and gforce2002 like this.
  18. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

As I said before, if you NEED or WANT your truck to do everything a well-equipped Gladiator can do, then you’ll buy a Gladiator. If you can get by with a little less capability, and the price is a consideration, then there are plenty of other options on the market. They may not be what you WANT, but they can fill most of what you NEED and can AFFORD.

For myself, I won’t mind a bit if there are incentives when it comes time to purchase. I drive my vehicles until the wheels fall off (see my Liberty) so resale value doesn’t concern me. I’m cheap....um...I mean frugal...so I don’t mind saving some $$ on the purchase.

Mr. Fusion and HotCarNut like this.
  19. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

20. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

That was me. I wanted my Rubicon back but needed a truck...... Thank you Jeep. Regardless of the outcome I finally have the Jeep I have been wanted for the last 25 years.