AF: Gladiator sales projections??? | Page 31 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator sales projections???

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I tell you, the more I see of Gladiator the more I want one. Because I’m not in the market right this minute for one, I can waffle back and forth all I want...considering other vehicle options. But at the end of the day, nothing else will be a Gladiator. I won’t be able to take the top off of anything else...except for maybe if they make a truck version of Bronco...15 years from now. Nothing else has the endless customization ability as a Wrangler/Gladiator.

When I talk with my wife about getting something else as a family vehicle...Durango, Pacifica, Telluride, Acadia, etc...she always reminds me that we’ve always been a Jeep family. She wants to see the 3-row Grand Cherokee-ish vehicle before we make a final decision. And, she wants me to get a Gladiator. She says she’d like to drive it from time to time (I’m thinking that’s doubtful, but she’s playing the part for me). And she tells me it has to have “big tires”. :)

They won’t have to work hard to get my $$, and now that I’ve found a good independent mechanic, I can F-U to the service department if they pisssssssssss me off...assuming it’s no longer under warranty.

It always comes back to Jeep. Life’s too short to not get what you truly want, as long as you can reasonably afford it. I can see why others might choose another vehicle, but that really won’t work for me. I can threaten, but I know it’s an empty threat. :D

danbek, Mr. Fusion, HotCarNut and 5 others like this.
  2. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I’m on a somewhat similar boat: always coming back to Jeep. Like a moth to the flame —pun intended.

Of course if Chrysler offered something worth buying chances are I’d be going there, too.

danbek, HotCarNut, cdjr77 and 4 others like this.
  3. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

You and me both. A Gladiator Mojave and a 300 SRT widebody with quilted leather interior in saddle tan with the 10" display and updated UConnect would make a lovely garage pairing...

danbek, Zagnut27 and aldo90731 like this.
  4. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

I still hope they bring out what I want, a smaller cab with a longer bed. I may be dreaming, LOL

tabutler and jclick like this.
  5. aldo90731

Dennis Dillon out west has 17 Gladiators in stock, all priced $8,000 to $9,000 off, including a $2,000 rebate, even on Rubicons. If you are military you can still get additional discounts. They extend the same pricing to factory orders.

Nearby Peterson Stampede CDJR shows similar prices.

Even after all the hefty discounts, a well-equipped Gladiator Rubicon is still $50,000, though.

I wonder what all of this is going to do for JT’s image and resale values.

#605 aldo90731, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    HotCarNut likes this.
  6. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I will bet that for 2021, Jeep either includes all sorts of options as standard, or adds a new base model name and drops the price by $10,000.

HotCarNut, valiant67 and aldo90731 like this.
  7. aldo90731

They are going to have to do something. JT hasn’t been out 12 months yet.

8. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

A Jeep Wrangler "truck" - It was a dumb idea decades ago and a dumb idea now. It is NOT a mid sized truck !!
    This is what happens when Product Planning listens to computer jockeys that have no intent to buy one.

"If you build it, I will buy it"!!! LOL! Then they don't. Fire Product Planning! OK!! Rant over!!

9. aldo90731

I think JT is a great product. The problem is that FCA can’t help itself and is pricing it out of the market.

I’m sure there are all kinds of inside stories about how things got to this point.

For starters, we know that FCA wants to turn Jeep into a premium brand along the lines of Land Rover.

Also, there appears to be a fixation among American automakers —and Nissan— to push transaction prices as high as they possibly can. But they go about doing it with little regard for delivering real “value” to consumers. Adding product features only goes so far. At some point quality and customer service have to improve to match those prices.

I wouldn’t be surprised if twelve years of running JK production at full capacity, rising prices constantly, and commanding steady sales with zero incentives, convinced FCA executives that Wrangler and Gladiator were above the laws of supply and demand that competitors have to contend with.

link3721 and HotCarNut like this.
  10. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

In the world of anecdotal data, JLs are now regular sightings. There are tons on the road, I'm seeing them everywhere. Sales seem to be strong. I'm now starting to see some JTs. 2 people within walking distance of my house have bought one in past couple months. There are quite a few now showing up in the wild.

HotCarNut, Ryan and tlc like this.
  11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

We’re going to the Philly Auto Show on Friday as long as everything goes according to plan. My niece was supposed to have surgery tomorrow, but that’s been postponed so we won’t be visiting the hospital on Friday. And my son has been acting like a lunatic in his junior K class, but he’s been behaving the last couple days (knock on wood). So it seems like the stars are aligning...knock on wood again.

There are a few vehicles I’m looking forward to seeing, but I think I’m looking forward to Gladiator the most. I’ve seen a bunch in the wild...not huge numbers, but seem to be getting more common. I’m looking forward to getting up close.

I’m not sure how crowded it’s going to be, it will be Valentines Day after all...something I hadn’t really thought about when we planned going. I haven’t been to this car show since I was a kid, and John Schneider from the Dukes of Hazzard was there....which shows you how long ago that was.

I’m hoping that when we see it up close, I can convince my wife that we don’t need to buy the family hauler first, that we should buy the Gladiator first. Yup...that’s my plan. Though, as they say, no plan survives first contact with the enemy.....:D

12. aldo90731

Bring your pajamas in case you need to spend the night at the Motel 6 around the corner.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Good luck with that! :D

Zagnut27 likes this.
  14. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

@Zagnut27 Maybe looking for new accommodations all together if he is not careful... :)

aldo90731 and Zagnut27 like this.
  15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Well... Bob said there would be steady demand, at around 40,000 per year given JL pricing, and I believe him... but I think maybe someone figured they would be able to do 80,000 per year at JL+ pricing.

16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

They may be able to consistently do 80k per year, but I figure the majority will be the lower trim levels. Even they’re a bit pricey, but probably more appealing. I doubt Rubicons, Deserthawks, and Overland will command those numbers...who knows though.

Speaking of Bob S, do you still keep in touch? I’m curious what he’s up to and how he’s doing.

17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Oh come on, I WEAR the pants in this family! If I say we’re getting a Gladiator, then by gum, that’s what we’re getting! The little woman will be happy with whatever decision I, the man, make!

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhh....did you just hear a car door? Coming Dear!!

:p

Bajanbuoy, brewdad, wvutuba and 7 others like this.
  18. aldo90731

I was hearing from a CDJR, GMC and Chevrolet salesman that midsize pickup in general are having a tough time.

In his words: “With the rebates and discounts on full-size trucks...you can buy a fullsize crew cab truck for the same or less than a mid-size one. The little trucks very rarely have any rebate on them, and when they do it's not very much. Fullsize trucks are a way better deal.”

Seems like little has changed.

If Gladiator looks too expensive against other midsize pickups, it must look stupidly expensive against heavily discounted full-size pickups.

Let’s face it, if FCA has to pick between selling a JT or a DT, it’s going to go with DT. Ram’s on a mission to outsell Chevrolet.

19. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

I predict falcon-wing doors

tomit, gforce2002 and page2171 like this.
  20. WXman

WXman Active Member

This is the argument everybody uses. It's like digging up the bones of a dead horse to beat it some more. Problem is, people who use this argument are completely missing the entire point. It's like saying you should buy apples instead of kiwi because apples are cheaper.

Mr. Fusion likes this.