AF: Goodbye Hemi and the 300c? | Page 5 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Hemi and the 300c?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by CDJSalesPro, Nov 7, 2019.

1. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Those aren't vehicle ratings.
    Those are the sales satisfaction ratings (in other words, how well did the dealership do when you purchased the vehicle). I received this survey last year for my Renegade. There wasn't a single question on the survey about the vehicle itself, just the rating of the ability to research, comparison shop, and purchase the vehicle.
    These aren't quality or dependability ratings. These are just the ratings of the sales process at the dealer for each brand.

tlc and page2171 like this.
  2. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Thanks for e clarification. I assume they have other ratings, too. Will need to take a look at those deltas...

3. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

^^ This is why I check Fuelly before buying a new car, and not an EPA sticker.

The manufacturers perform EPA tests, not the EPA. They're just supposed to follow a set of guidelines that the EPA sends out. Plenty of incentive for them to tamper with the results. CAFE standards, "best in class" advertising, etc.

Happens all the time:

Suit seeking $1.2B says Ford falsified F-150 fuel economy tests (at https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/07/22/1-2-billion-lawsuit-ford-falsified-f-150-fuel-economy-tests/1799619001/ )

AvengerGuy, aldo90731 and page2171 like this.
  4. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

If you jsut look at fuelly for a single set of numbers things can be skewed very easily. The v6 has had more fillups and has been consistently 18 mpg. While on the other side of things teh 2.0 has had less so all it could take is one bad fill up to skew it one way. But when you compare the two engine on fuelly the 2.0 has consistently had very good mpg, some much so 20+ mpg. In fact there's only been one report under 15 mpg, and that was 8 mpg which could have been because of a number of reasons like the person flooring it everywhere or maybe constant idling. 22mpg is the most reported number for the 2.0 while it's been 19 for the v6.

Fuelly isn't always accurate, especially with turbo/supercharger cars. I can very easily get 40mpg or in other cases very easily get 20mpg on a fillup

5. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Soooo... what's this thread supposed to be about again??? Asking for a friend :D

6. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Our 2015 300s AWD gets 19 mpg around our suburban area neighbors Charger R/T showed 17.1 when I borrowed it. We drive about 7k a year so savings really ammount to much.
    Really waiting for 100% electric, saveings in fuel and maintenance would be a big plus not to mention less polution. Think that would off set
    Some of the upfront money.

7. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

This has been my number one concern when shopping CHRYSLER, DAIMLER-CHRYSLER, CHRYSLER GROUP LLC, FCA
    Same results here with mine...

Tin Man 2 likes this.
  8. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

My Spirit R/T was the most troublesome Mopar I ever owned, I traded it in before the warranty expired. Many R/T Spirits were bought back, they were lined up behind the Sterling Heights Emmisions Plant for a couple years before I believe they were crushed. The only worse car I ever owned was a 68 Corvette, but at least the Chevy was a used car, not a new PIA.

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Spirit R/T had a few major problems, all right.

1) Recalled: wrong-metal bolts (expansion rate issues) for the head
    2) Oil pump was on the end of a really long shaft which sheered now and then, an odd issue to have
    3) Timing belt was the major problem, that engine should never have had a belt, especially since...
    4) Valves were absurdly strong, to prevent valve float at speeds which the engine was not capable of anyway (Lotus’ error), which is one reason the timing belt would strip the sprockets if not adjusted as tightly as specs called for (turns out a lot of techs don't read the specs)

I had all of these problems, went through three timing belts. But the car was over 100,000 miles and the guy who bought it from me did OK.

XRT2SRT likes this.
  10. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Back then the Rev range was higher then any engine Mopar ever put in a production car. I was very sorry I did not just get the V6 and added a few red stripes. My Spirit R/T had low torque at the lower Revs, you had to Rev the crap out of it to get the power, I much prefer Torque over HP in a daily driver. Yes the little PIS was fast if you beat on it, but not very satisfying to drive.

11. HWDan

HWDan Active Member

Look what we're missing out on from down under ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I'd be happy to have it in black, blue, white, red.....or really about any color on US shores. *sigh* Aussies get all the good rides....

13. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

FCA = Fiat Chrysler Australia

hmk123, Doug D and wtxiceman like this.
  14. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

I actually like that color.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  15. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

That's just not fair !!

16. HoboChangba

HoboChangba Active Member

SWEET !!!

17. XRT2SRT

I had the belt issue with mine but only once. A non-ChyCo service center did the replacement at my brother's recommendation and didn't get the tension right. I drove it straight to the Dodge dealership @ 20 miles, with belt vibrating and the technician advised me on how to fix it myself and if it didn't work, bring it back to him. Needless to say, it worked (the fix was easy). On the other hand, a routine themostat change cost me a blown head gasket and turbo when a tiny piece of gasket material blocked coolant flow from engine to heater core which flows back to engine without a by-pass (bad design), which would've saved this agony.

18. XRT2SRT

We REALLY ARE missing out on something special! Why won't FCA allow each brand to have it's own performance model? It doesn't have to look BOY-RACER ala DODGE!

#98 XRT2SRT, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    UN4GTBL, Morty and Tony K like this.
  19. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

because the 300 srt didn't sell well here

20. valiant67

valiant67 ...

That's not entirely true. A more correct thing to say it is "The SRT version of the 300 did not remain popular.".
    The 300 SRT in its second year (2006) sold more than any single year of Charger SRT and also more than any single year of Challenger SRT except 2015 and 2016.