AF: Goodbye to our beloved 4 speed ULTRADRIVE | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye to our beloved 4 speed ULTRADRIVE

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by voiceofstl, Dec 9, 2019.

1. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

My employer has several Ram PMCs the fleet. Our commercial vans are both leased and rented out, but all of them are closely monitored for service and reliability. If there was any problems like what is described above we would know about it and no longer purchase such vehicles from FCA Fleet. As it is, Ford with their Transit Connect offers fleet buyers a special drivetrain for commercial fleet service. Ford's TC commercial drivetrain is not offered to retail buyers.

The small van most of the automotive journalists rate the best is the Mercedes-Benz Metris, because Mercedes wines and dines journalists to keep the party line. The Metris is an expensive thirsty beast. Chevy pulled the plug on their badge engineered Nissan, BTW. We still have the Nissan version in our fleet, but it's not my pick for a small van with those tiny tires, small engine and CVT.

tlc and ScramFan like this.
  2. ScramFan

ScramFan Well-Known Member

Well said. Also, if there were widespread issues with the drivetrain, the blame for that would fall squarely on the Chrysler side, or more specifically, Ram.

I say that because the 2.4L 4 Cyl and 9 speed auto transmission were exclusive to the US version of the Promaster City.

T_690 likes this.
  3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The 2.4 is hit or miss as far as oil use. Some use a lot of oil, others don’t.

gforce2002 likes this.