Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a winter project.....................

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by Fast Eddie, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Haven't built a plastic model car kit in years so I picked this up at a toy show last weekend. I will see if I can finish it by the spring.....................so here goes. IMG_1905.JPG

Shane Estabrooks and 528-Hemi like this.
  2. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Eddie, PLEASE take pics as you build!!!! Keep the hobby area alive!!!!

3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I've got a few kits I've been meaning to work on. One is a B-29 and the other is a Corsair. Maybe one of these days when I'm not busy with work or the grand kids.

528-Hemi likes this.
  4. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Doug,
    Sounds GOOD, be sure if you get time and do work on them be sure to post pics of progress, and all helps keep this area alive..... And its always good to see others work....

5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I'll try. Just have multiple things I'm working on. I've had the kits for months if not years. Been meaning to set up a work table in the spare room (only one kid out of 4 left at home) and work on these. Back in my preteen years I assembled all kinds of models. Had a fleet with two carriers (Enterprise and Nimitz), two battleships (Bismark and Arizona) and various auxillary ships. Must have had 30+ car models at one point. All displayed on shelves in my room.

528-Hemi likes this.
  6. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Okay.................but don't look for wiring and fuel lines and all that delicate stuff from me. I am 72 years old with fat fingers ........................:D

528-Hemi likes this.
  7. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

8. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

528-Hemi likes this.
  9. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

I don't expect anything guy from anyone.... the only person I "expect" anything from.. is ME! I just post, the builds and all that wacky detail to get some enthusiasm for others and possibly maybe some inspiration too!

The detail you see on my kits, not only is done for contests, but I also enjoy the mere work that it takes to accomplish!

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Cool. My boy and I are going to start the Rammunition model soon. But, like I said, he is only 3. I will take pics and write about the fun, but I am sure there will be some frustration reminding him to be careful lol.
    I miss modeling, and seeing your awesomeness has made me interested again, and seeing others do it just might make it a hobby again.
    Thanks for sharing Fast eddie, and keep up the awesomeness 528 hemi

11. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Okay...............here is the start. The engine and wheels are on their way. IMG_1923.JPG IMG_1922.JPG IMG_1921.JPG IMG_1920.JPG

Devildodge and 528-Hemi like this.
  12. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Eddie thats lookin real good! a NASCAR? The Air Cleaner looks like something off one!

NICE Work!

13. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Cool. Thanks for showing

14. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

DUH Never mind my last message ---^ I forgot that it was a "kit car" model. like a dirt track race car.... DUHHHH on my part, the air cleaner was a dead give-away that it was a race car.... (it looks a lot like a NASCAR air cleaner!!!!