AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Jeep was late to the seven passenger game 10 years ago...... Now every week new players are entering the 7 passenger SUV market.

In the premium market BMW just put down the gauntlet

View: https://youtu.be/1DC082GFM8A

Lincoln Navigator is back and badder than ever.......

View: https://youtu.be/UkQ00xdOApk

down market......Kia and Hyundai have gotten into the game
    View: https://youtu.be/70c1aaK0pME

Honda Pilot is back and Subaru is now a player.......

View: https://youtu.be/4Ta2OAC20fk

My point is that if Jeep the SUV brand wants some of this action it better get with it......

cdjr77, 1BADWS6, saltydog and 10 others like this.
  2. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

They'll be super late.....lol

3. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

I hate to see putting all the money into a product that is going into a saturated market. FCA needs something right now not 2 years from now. A refreshed rebadged Journey would at least be a place holder in the 3 row market, if not the China 3 row Jeep zazzed up as a Chrysler.

XRT2SRT likes this.
  4. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

Oh boy. I hope with all my heart to do better than the XK.

wvutuba likes this.
  5. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

I really love the X7, but it isn't as big as it appears in pictures. If Jeep makes the Grand Wagoneer as large as the other American BOF players there will be some space advantage to be had vs. the Euros. But yes, this GW is past due and its sad watching competitors line up to snag sales.

My main concern at this point is actually the fact that the new Mercedes GLS will be unveiled at the end of the year followed by the new Escalade. The GW is going to really have to differentiate itself in this increasingly crowded market. If they wait any longer they may also bump into Audi's upcoming large SUV that's going to be slotting above the Q7.

Donte Lindsey and HotCarNut like this.
  6. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

FCA is late to a lot of markets.

7. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

Well, we are looking to see 3 3-row SUV's, the Extended Grand Cherokee, the BOV Durango and Grand Wagoner.
    The issue is collecting all the recent information about release time, and AFAIK, all of the 3 are coming out in 2020 calendar year. That is a full year late to the party, and by the time the new comers especially the Koreans would and could have grabbed the segment by the horn.

8. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

The GW isn't going to make it for 2020 cy. Based on what we know I'd say 2021 cy at the earliest, maybe longer. GC upgrades first. That hasn't even started yet. But hopefully get off the ground this summer. That'll take at least 6 months maybe longer.

9. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

I guess they (FCA) knowing for sure they are late to the party. So, they better bring something really unique than the others. Off-road capability is one of things that most of the competitors are lacking.

Tony K, Devildodge and ScramFan like this.
  10. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

And they better get the Chrysler version of the Grand Commander out as well, and renew the Grand Cherokee, and the BOF Durango...
    As much as we talk about these products here in Allpar it seems that they're always one to two years away.
    It's been like that since I signed up in the forum in the end of 2016, and even before that. There's a dearth of launches and products screaming for replacement that never arrive (mostly in the Chrysler and Dodge lineup).

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I would’ve bought a Wagoneer when it was originally going to be based on the Grand Cherokee platform, but those plans changed. I would buy a 3-row Grand Cherokee if it were to be coming out soon. I like Durango...enough...but it would never be my first choice, not over a Jeep anyway. And now my wife wants to wait to see what the new Explorer looks like when it arrives this summer, because she’s never been sold on Durango (though she would go for a Jeep).

I heard from one of the Ford execs recently that their product chain was “constipated”, and they were working to fix that. I think that aptly describes FCA as well. We all know the how’s and why’s that are delaying the product launches for FCA...no use rehashing here. But being last to a party makes it that much harder to gain a foothold. Hopefully the vehicles are all worth the wait, and I have no doubt that they’ll be good.

Unfortunately it’ll be too late for me. If I put off trading in my Liberty much longer I swear I’ll go full on bat-shyt crazy.

12. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Fashionably late... ;)

Mike

13. Mike V.

I think you have made this statement every time a new vehicle has debuted in the last two years :D

Mike

14. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

It just amazes me how other manufacturers can knock out redesigns and new vehicles so quickly. What is their secret vs FCA ?

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I’m pretty much a broken record at this point. :p

16. Mike V.

They did not have to shuffle/update factories.
    They did not have to pay down debt
    They did not spend billions on two vehicles that had their respective markets collapse on them.

:)

Mike

17. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

And they much larger investment cash

VoiceOfReason and HotCarNut like this.
  18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

How odd that people a year ago pointing out how thin future product a
    They don't have their lineups split among so many brands which worsens the appearance of the lag of new product at FCA.

VoiceOfReason and Tony K like this.
  19. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

To be honest, I will not be surprised, if FCA cancelled one or two vehicles/projects. But let’s wait and see.

20. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Which one may be cancelled?