AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Page 24 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

It’s very clear that Wagoneer is a brand within Jeep. The presenter went through the differences between a “Jeep” customer and a “Wagoneer” customer.

He didn’t use the word that would best describe the difference, but I’ll use it, because I’m not in marketing, and so I’m allowed to:

Older

Despite the pics of cool kids at the campfire, they probably borrowed it from one of their dads. This isn’t a young person’s car. Neither is a Navigator or a Yukon.

2. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Older clientele dream of being young again, so I guess the logic works. Lol

It's also very clear Ralph was not interested in garnering to the people that love the old ones. Though it's really only the 80s and 90s that the full woodie trim was used. People seem to forget the original Wagoneers had no wood until the.. 70s with the limited and super, I think?

ScramFan and Zagnut27 like this.
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I was thinking the same thing as I didn’t see “Jeep” anywhere, though being outside on my iPad with the glare I couldn’t be sure. I’m waiting at the mechanic shop while they put a set of new tires on my wife’s Encore.

I’m 47, so does that make me older or younger in their eyes? I don’t dream of being younger, because it’s not necessarily the years but the mileage...and I wish I could have some of those miles back, especially lately.

I’ll go ahead and say that I’m older, and I have money, but this won’t be for me. However, I probably wouldn’t have been in the market for one anyway as it’s too big. A pain to park in a city garage at work, and my wife would not be comfortable driving it. So regardless of what it looks like, I would probably pass anyway...but now it’s even less likely. Unless, of course, the wife sees it and is in love with it. Then disregard anything I’ve said prior to that. :p

wilbur, tlc, hmk123 and 1 other person like this.
  4. awolb69

awolb69 Well-Known Member

It looks nice, I already like it better after seeing the still photos posted after the reveal. I don't think bright white was the best color choice for the introduction. IMO it would definitely benefit from a darker color with a color matched roof and slightly bigger wheels. That interior though....... absolutely gorgeous!!!! Just like the new Ram 1500 when it was introduced, I need to see one in person to get a good idea for how it really looks. I now think the new 1500 is the best looking pick up out there, so I'm sure this will do the same. Hey FCA, show is a Grand Wagoneer in black with black chrome 22" wheels on it!

ScramFan and tlc like this.
  5. Dan Minick

Level III Supporter

It doesn't say Jeep anywhere. 'Grand Wagoneer' in lots of places, and 'Wagoneer' on the front and other spots. It seems somewhat like Wagoneer=RangeRover as to Jeep=LandRover

ScramFan likes this.
  6. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

I love it. What were you people wanting? IMO, too many cars are over-done, boy racer look, and way too busy. This is clean and simple, elegant. Interior is what I was hoping for, outstanding. Finally. However, I am afraid that this will get watered down quite a bit, so I'll hold until we see the production model. Just hope they don't water it down too much. So glad this wasn't over-done.

tlc, HotCarNut, Chase300 and 3 others like this.
  7. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Just Change and Hide the Pillars.

ScramFan and butJohnDoe like this.
  8. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

@Zagnut27 I don't think you (or I) are old enough to be in the Grand Wagoneer’s core market.

The interior though is one of the finest I’ve seen in a car. Okay, it’s a concept, and only about 75% of that gets into production, but FCA works with the best interior suppliers in the business these days, so there's no technical reason why it can’t be done: it makes a Range Rover look plain. I really hope the designers remember this interior when they do the top trims for WL...

On a technical note, the new UConnect 5 system can support four separate, independent displays at front: exactly what this concept shows, and the central one is shown running the same home-screen software as the new FIAT 500e (also using UConnect 5), just with different styling.

9. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

If there is one thing I like to be changed is to make the headlights a little bigger.

10. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I for sure would buy it over a Maybach any day..
    :).

#470 hmk123, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    tabutler likes this.
  11. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

It is the equivalent of the Range Rover in the Land Rover lineup.

"Live" very lickely will look better, while many new vehicles look well in photos / videos and not so much "live".

p.s.: they could put smaller wheel rims for the rpesentation, somethimg more offroad.

12. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

I love just about everything, however I am super bummed that it is a concept.....ugh be another 4 years before its available...:(

13. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

No. Next summer.

Tony K and saltydog like this.
  14. LoganSix

LoganSix Well-Known Member

They will start building it in the Warren plant starting next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6cMsjXgjgmc

saltydog likes this.
  15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Ok, so I’m still confused about the whole Wagoneer vs Grand Wagoneer thing. So this is the concept for Grand Wagoneer, is there still to be a Wagoneer to be revealed, or this concept is for Wagoneer/GrandW??

page2171 and MoparMantis like this.
  16. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

Will we get a trial rated version of this Wagoneer?

in regards of powertrain:

17. LoganSix

LoganSix Well-Known Member

This is the Grand Wagoneer, there isn't a Wagoneer (at the moment).

Zagnut27 likes this.
  18. Ryan

I am very impressed. The exterior design is not the most adventurous thing I've ever seen and based on the first picture, I was underwhelmed. But the attention to details and the level of luxury in this vehicle is absolutely amazing. That, plus the new focus on quality for the entire Jeep brand has made me extremely excited to be part of the FCA family...

Now, I want the new Grand Cherokee in my driveway yesterday. :D

Tony K, wilbur, ScramFan and 5 others like this.
  19. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

The large luxury 3-row market has a lot of strong entries. The overdone boy racer look is not a thing in this class. GLS, X7, Navigator, Escalade all have far more cohesive exteriors than this.

The front end is fine, the rest just doesn’t come together to make an impressive exterior design.

gforce2002 likes this.
  20. Ryan

I would probably wrap the B and C pillar in gloss black.
    G-Wag.jpg

Morty, wilbur, tabutler and 7 others like this.