AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Page 25 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

2. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

I’m so disappointed... The back looks like a hearse, and the pillars and second row side windows are UGLY.

BRIGHT Spot: The interior looks amazing.

page2171 and HotCarNut like this.
  3. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Not a fan of the exterior styling .....Maybe it will grow on me if I see it in different colors. I am impressed with the interior..... Would like to see more of the seating configuration .

4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Well they'll most likely have to make a Ram version to justify the cost. I'll call it Ram Adventurer. The original idea in the 90s was to be called that.

Tony K likes this.
  5. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Durango

6. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

My initial thoughts when seeing it were, Lincoln Navigator.

Congrats everyone! Jeep is now a luxury brand. Pretty sure this goes head to head with Escalade.

77 Monaco Brougham and redhed like this.
  7. redhed

Level III Supporter

Interior looks fantastic! Exterior leaves me conflicted. Agree with previous post about Navigator. Front clip looks like a "squished" RAM front-end given the tiny headlights and smallish grill. I guess they left off any Jeep badging because it really doesn't look much like a Jeep?! Change the grill and call it a New Yorker!

8. Ryan

They left off Jeep badging to signify that this is a vehicle pursuing a different strategy than the rest of the Jeep lineup. It's a sub-brand like Corvette or Mustang, neither of which (as far as I can remember) have Chevrolet or Ford badges.

9. Powdered Toast Man

The interior is nice but man that's a lot of screens.

[​IMG]

Tony K, HotCarNut and LoganSix like this.
  10. Ryan

@Zagnut27

From the press release:

I love this choice and hope it makes it to at least one production trim level.

11. falconma

falconma Active Member

In the presentation it was mentioned that “Jeep” is the log cabin and the grand wagoneer is the Oceanside glass window house. Likewise the Jeep was for the adventurer and the Grand Wagoneer was for the individual that would rather spend the day at the high end golf course. Definitely seeing the push to differentiate. So it begs the question, are those type of prospective GW buyers going to walk into the local Jeep dealer to buy this Escalade/Navigator/RR equivalent? A fancy SUV does not make a luxury car brand. None of those buyers would ever walk foot into our local Jeep service area. I know that experience various from one dealer to the next but I see the dealer experience as the biggest hindrance to the GW’s success if they are pushing this vehicle to be top tier.

ScramFan and HotCarNut like this.
  12. Ryan

They are well aware that there is much work to be done. They haven't ignored the dealer experience and have many steps in place to ensure loyalty, quality, and customer satisfaction in sales and service increase dramatically over the next few years. I don't think I can say more than that, other than how excited I am to see concrete steps being taken to address quality.

ScramFan, tlc, HotCarNut and 2 others like this.
  13. Powdered Toast Man

Premiere: Grand Wagoneer reborn with modern luxuries in concept Jeep (at https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2020/09/03/premiere-grand-wagoneer-reborn-with-modern-luxuries-concept-jeep/3454747001/ )

14. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

All one color, it starts to look like tahoe; its too tall of a body to make any wagoneer signature lines look right. Even adjusting the rear glass doesn't really work. Here's a few variants.

WagPillarsOnly.jpg WagPillarsWindow.jpg WagSingle.jpg WagTwotone 2.jpg WagTwotone.jpg

The thing that sorta irks me I guess, is that for all the concept there isn't really anything that couldn't make it to production. They didn't put anything in there that was "wow", except more and bigger screens I guess? Idk. And for all the lauding about the original wagoneer, there isn't one body line or feature that was on the original save for that grille 'crown' where it says Wagoneer. I just expected it, with the supposed price tag, to be more. To be better, to be off road worthy; which they made clear it isn't going to be.

#494 suzq044, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  15. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

It will be in production next year.

Edit: Terrible grammar.

#495 dakrt99, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  16. Ryan

24" wheels probably won't make it to production. But I don't know - Cadillac has committed to 23" and 24" wheels in upcoming products, so Jeep could do it too. They actually look good on this size of vehicle.

17. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

Jeep® Shows Us A Preview Of Its Upcoming Grand Wagoneer: - Mopar Insiders

tomaz likes this.
  18. dakrt99

The Lexus GX is overdone. BMW X7 is overdone. Infinty QX80 is overdone. The Adui Q7 is not as large, but overdone as well. These were the ones I was talking about. The Escalade and Navigator are clean and nice. This is better. Of course, you don't agree, which is fine.

19. dakrt99

My favorite part.

20. falconma

falconma Active Member

I’m sure the production version will get some more aero in the rear like a spoiler. They need somewhere to hide the rear wiper which is missing in the concept. That might help with the profile look a bit.