AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Page 29 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I does remind me of if a bee stung a Grand Commander and it turned out very allergic to it.

2. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

My opinion of the exterior ranges from "bleh" to "it's okay" depend on the angle. Some angles are more favorable. I'd like to see it in more colors. I liked the brown photoshop. I think they could do 10% changes to the exterior and it'd go from "bleh" to decent. On a scale of 1-10 (Aztec-71 Cuda) I'm giving it a 4 now. Small changes might be able to get it to a 6.

Zagnut27 and ScramFan like this.
  3. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I think it’s cool looking for the concept, but definitely want a bigger grill for production and can only imagine the number of bugs I’d be scraping off the light bar...

Zagnut27 likes this.
  4. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

5. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I don’t think the design would be hard to fix. The pillars need to be black. The 7-slot grille needs to extend down almost to the middle grille. I think the grille being larger like that would give it more presence while also being more recognizably Jeep. The rear 3/4 window could also be changed to have the classic Wagoneer angle. I may do a quick edit tomorrow to see how these changes affect the appearance.

Any color but white would have been more attractive. It hides all the body lines.

6. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Funny, I didn't even notice that the the pillars are body colored (and aren't in most other vehicles) until I watched the TFL video and they mentioned that. I actually don't mind it. That does make it stand out. Like any thing one needs to see it in person.

XRT2SRT, tlc, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  7. ichime

ichime Active Member

IMO, exterior looks too plain, just like a Land Rover Discovery mixed with Jeep Compass. Basically, it doesn’t look GRAND and lacks the road presence the original Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer has. Maybe the grille needs to be bigger/longer while maintaining that deceptively boxy profile.

The interior however...wow! It’s what Audi is trying to do with their lineup and what they tried to do with the Lamborghini Urus, but 10 times better! I think it looks better than the S class interior, even the new one that got released a day ago. The attention to detail in that interior is next level, truly next level!

suzq044 and kevin m. Henry like this.
  8. jsucha

jsucha Well-Known Member

Comments on the Jeep Garage forum seem to mirror those posted here. The exterior is far from a wow got to have it style. The interior will save it. Again, in my opinion, this is the same with the DT Ram. Where are the designers who gave us the 4th gen Ram, the current Charger and the original 300?
    If this bland design continues I'll be hanging onto my '16 Ram for a long time, and when the lease is up on my '19 Charger in '22, I may buy it.

valiant67 likes this.
  9. hmk123

Level III Supporter

The designers are driving around in Italy in old Alfas and drinking cappuccinos because they have given up on the state of the automobile market where Wall Street rewards Tesla and its Donald Duck design with ten times the market cap of GM. :) I can’t fault them...

Tony K and Quambi like this.
  10. redhed

Level III Supporter

Styling aside, given the problems with the 1 huge screen in the new RAM, anyone worried about how well vetted these multiple screens will be in the GW??? :(

11. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Smaller grille is the best thing they did on this car. It's so refreshing in a time of ridiculously huge grilles.

12. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

The one huge screen in RAMs was running uConnect 4, which was not designed for a tall display, so lots of re-writes and changes were needed, which means more chance of bugs.

The new uConnect version 5 used in this concept supports four separate displays, of any proportions, with no need for special re-writes of the software. uConnect 5 will be used on every FCA vehicle, from 2021 Pacifica onwards, so it will have seen far more testing than the special-build of version 4 that ran the big screen in the RAM trucks.

___

I like the "woody stripe": it does a lot to break the huge slab side of the the vehicle.

#1 reminds me of a slightly smaller FCA product ;)[​IMG]

Actually, how about darker chrome surrounds on the lower window edges to match the dark pillars (keep the bright chrome ridge along the roof seam) ?

#572 KrisW, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    77 Monaco Brougham and ScramFan like this.
  13. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Since this vehicle will appeal to someone outside the Wrangler comfort zone, it may be difficult at first to gauge what appeals to them. One would think the upcoming GC will have this look somewhat as well. They do seem to be fixated on the Grand Commander look though. When did that come out? Memory a bit fuzzy on that.

suzq044 likes this.
  14. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Has anyone pointed out the pillars and the trim around them mimic the seven slot grill?
    Too much to read through

Quambi likes this.
  15. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Well-Known Member

Sorry I will have to disagree with you I think it is stunning !!!! The interior is the best I have seen out of any manufacturer. It is very hard to do a design that will appease men and women but even my wife was like HOLY @#)@#.

16. IronMike3406

There are Jeep badges on it !!!! Both Mirrors have the Jeep Font !!!

17. IronMike3406

How many Full Size SUV's today have you seen really OFF-ROAD ? I can probably count on 1 hand how many I have ever seen. This will be the vehicle that you can take to the cabin in the mountains or to the ski-lodge or any other type of family activity.

LoganSix likes this.
  18. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Because that's supposed to be Jeep's entire brand position.

I just think it's funny because everyone said Chrysler should (or would) be the electrified "people mover" brand.

I give you, the Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

19. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

NO!......Imperial.

redhed likes this.
  20. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Quick grille edit
    Wagoneer_Grille.jpg

12soldier, Quambi, dakota21 and 16 others like this.