AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Page 30 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

It is still a Jeep. You either don't understand the concept of sub-branding or just don't care to, but would rather take the time to complain about it.

ScramFan and T_690 like this.
  2. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Great job suzq

3. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

Spring 2021. The Warren Truck Plant is currently being retooled. This pretty much is the production vehicle. Differences between this and the production version will be minimal.

Tony K and wilbur like this.
  4. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

Think along the lines of a dressed-down business casual version of the concept you see here and you'll have the Wagoneer. No major differences in design, wheelbase, etc.

ScramFan and Zagnut27 like this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Ok, so it’s growing on me. Lol. The interior didn’t take any effort to win me over. Seriously though, how many vehicles hit a home run in the exterior AND interior styling? There’s always going to be one or the other that maybe you don’t care as much for. I don’t hate the exterior, but I love the interior, and the interior is what you’ll be seeing the most of for any vehicle.

XRT2SRT, wilbur, tlc and 1 other person like this.
  6. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

XRT2SRT and thebluegoat like this.
  7. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Another edit with that grille, black pillars, a small spoiler, and the angled rear window shape.

WagoneerEdit1.jpg

12soldier, GasAxe, Quambi and 17 others like this.
  8. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

This seems very much like what the former Chrysler Corporation did with IMPERIAL in the 1950's.

The key here is that the quality, buying experience, and after-purchase customer care EQUAL OR EXCEED the marketing...not to mention the competition!

HotCarNut and Adventurer55 like this.
  9. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Nice! The slightly more prominent grill captures the eye and draws away from all that crap happening below the "bumper".

dmcdonald and Ryan like this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Ok. There have been so many threads and posts, it’s hard to keep track anymore. Thanks!

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I like that! I wonder if there’ll be a TrailHawk version as well?

12. Ryan

With all the talk about it being the glass house compared to a cabin in the woods, I doubt it. But they did mention three 4WD systems, so maybe one of those will be a Trailhawk. I hope so!

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I think it’d be interesting to see it in a more rugged form...perhaps for the Wagoneer version. If not, not the end of the world.

15. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Well-Known Member

How many of you were around when the 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 was introduced ? It had a very controversial design but over the course of a few years Dodge/RAM really started to hit it's stride. Jeep has to explore new territories whether the off road faithfuls like it or not they have to evolve as a brand and this is a big step in that direction. It might not appease to everyone's tastes but to bring new customers over from Higher End products like Range Rover or Mercedes who might not have ever thought that JEEP would be a viable option for their lifestyle or taste. I honestly think they did a phenomenal job with the design of the exterior and the interior is damn near class leading and I am not even talking about the Big 3 it is damn near close to bespoke levels of refinement. This is the first of a new Vision for the Jeep Brand give it some time because it will bring new faces into our community and new faces brings more product and then we can build the rest of the Brands Up from there.

Tony K, HotCarNut, redhed and 5 others like this.
  16. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I was very much around at that time. I ordered a brand new 95 Ram 1500 Sport in black. But they had nowhere to go but up at that time, so they took a chance. This design which combined big rig look with the 1948 then new Dodge truck was a huge success. I'm not sure they are in that situation here. This is a "safe" first design and with the help of the interior will sell some. I think the power train will make or break it.

HotCarNut likes this.
  17. aldo90731

A slightly skirted rear fender with a sculpted streak running to the back was perhaps Wagoneer’s most distinctive design element.

If anyone could have pulled it off brilliantly on this Wagoneer, it was Ralph.

upload_2020-9-4_8-0-31.jpeg
    [​IMG]

18. KCP Worker

KCP Worker Well-Known Member

How would 24" tires affect the ride on a upscale vehicle like this? Usually short sidewalls make the bumps a little more pronounced, compared to a taller sidewall.

19. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I think that looks much better. Wonder how it would look with the "middle grille" changed up

20. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Well-Known Member

If it was safe then why are a lot of people talking about it ???? I see it differently I see it as it isn't in the NORM people are complaining about the B,C.D pillars not being blacked out the grill and such. Sorry but when was a FCA vehicle the NORM the only one I know of has been the Wrangler it evolves pretty much like the earth evolves takes millenniums for it to change.

tlc likes this.