AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Page 32 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. DOC8677

DOC8677 Active Member

His opinion lost all credibility right after he said it was not coming for another two years. It goes into production early next year.

2. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

He hit the nail on the head though really.
    It's not a Grand Wagoneer except in name. It would make a nice Commander though.

UN4GTBL and gforce2002 like this.
  3. srm3500

srm3500 Well-Known Member

LOL. It's a good thing nobody here is the head of design as it would play to only a small number of people. Do I always agree with FCA designs? No, but just remember when everyone was saying the new Ram looked ugly this is the model that took second place from Chevy so they did indeed get it right. Listing to RG in the live debut sounds like they have a target consumer they where listing to so lets see what happens. I personally like this inside and out clean outside with bold front and rear and a wow cabin.

4. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

In reply #546, I promised myself I wouldn't name any names of those whose auto reviews involved a style or a delivery I didn't much care for.
    But......Since you've already broken the ice...

Doug DeMuro is one of those on my list.;)

Tony K and DOC8677 like this.
  5. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Maybe people are not liking the design well because the original wasn’t a SUV, it was marketed as a Station wagon. And they tried to force the design on a larger SUV.

6. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I was looking at the Chinese Grand Commander, and there is some similarities on the side and rear.

7. suzq044

Not the Grand Commander. Just Commander. I don't count the Jeeps that are not sold here, they're not part of this market.

8. suzq044

Except they didn't. They didn't force one iota of Wagoneer into the design. Maybe people are bitter because they've been teasing SJ designs all the way up until the release, that maybe they expected it to have.. Something from the original.. maybe just something other than the grille crown and the name?

Quambi, page2171, Chebby7 and 6 others like this.
  9. suzq044

He does jump from place to place a lot... Wasnt he with Auto trader for a minute? Makes me wonder why he's bouncing around so much.

10. Mr. Fusion

Mr. Fusion Well-Known Member

The side view with its chunky pillars was reminding me of something, and it finally hit me what it was: The second-generation Isuzu Trooper. My mom had one of those, I thought it was a great-looking truck. (Pic here if you need a reminder...I'm not saying they're identical twins.)

Now that I've had time to think about it, the blacked-out pillars make it look a bit too much like a Lincoln or GM SUV. I think that would've been the "me-too" direction. The body-colored pillars telegraph "ruggedness"...which, fair enough, some people may feel is incompatible with "premium".

Ideally, Jeep would just offer different trim levels with and without blacked-out pillars, and let customers buy their preference. That or put the blacked-out pillars on Grand Wagoneer, and leave the body-colored pillars for Wagoneer.

Edit: Also, I think this would have gone over better if they had chosen any color other than white for this reveal. :rolleyes:

Adventurer55, HotCarNut and suzq044 like this.
  11. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

The problem is that the expectation of having SJ design elements came for the people themselves..

12. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

A huge improvement!

13. Mopar02

Mopar02 Mopar02

He reviews a bunch of cool cars, but lost credibility in this video when he said this was a response to the attention the Bronco was getting. A concept like this was planned several years in advance. Not to mention he said it was two years off, when FCA has already said it would be built in Q2 of 2021.

Just because the Bronco went retro, and did so successfully doesn't mean that every old nameplate needs to be a carbon copy of the original. And 99.99% of the people complaining about it were never in the target audience or seriously considering one.

Same for the people who complain about the Charger being a sedan--which has been quite successful for FCA and has found many, many happy buyers. If automakers listened to people on internet forums they would be out of business. Lots of people complain about the lack of manual transmissions but never buy them. They wait for a second hand one on the used market.

Tony K, T_690, KrisW and 3 others like this.
  14. DrMark

DrMark Well-Known Member

Adventurer55 likes this.
  15. DrMark

DrMark Well-Known Member

I think it looks much better with your changes.

IMO the blacked out pillars and removal of Jeep's riff on the Hofmeister kink do wonders for the side profile of the greenhouse.

16. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

What if the whole C pillar was Stainless steel/polished aluminum??

17. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

cygnus, Quambi, UN4GTBL and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Would look good in the bronze-chrome finish that the rest of the trim has.

19. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

That same statement could be argued about the current Wrangler, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

20. ichime

ichime Active Member

That looks a lot better!