AF: Grand Wagoneer better hurry....... | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Wagoneer better hurry.......

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by CDJSalesPro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

I'm still with the Durango too. The glaring miss on the H
    I haven't driven them, but to me the miss on the Hyundai and Kia is the small fuel tank, 19 gal vs Durango 25. Durango has much better range and that really is nice on a long road trip and more so when towing as its a much bigger pain having to stop for fuel when towing something.

HoboChangba and ScramFan like this.
  2. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Telluride will win the 2020 MT SUV of the Year award as well as the 2020 North American SUV of the Year award. Probably a bunch of others too. It's a home run in every way.

serpens, page2171 and gforce2002 like this.
  3. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Telluride is the best all around suv that someone could absolutely jump into right off the bat

Ryan likes this.
  4. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Part of the reason Kia/Hyundai are able to bring new models to market is their Government wants them to succeed. S.Korea is very pro business, and the workforce is dedecated to doing their best. Much like the USA in the 50’s.

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

6. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

I catch what you're saying but; FCA has done exceeding well with Jeep and the (Dodge) Ram series. Challenger; despite it being straight up ancient, it's still a logical car for quite a few buyers, judging by its steady sales No's.

Maybe it's because where I live is a very strong FCA (Mopar side) market, Bullhead City, Az; I see my share of Durangos and Jeep GC's running around.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. mlgreen

mlgreen Active Member

I currently own a 2017 Durango RT and test drove my co-worker's 2020 Ram Limited. The interior and ride are without a question the best in the segment and if it's any indication of what the Grand Wagoneer and Durango will be they will have a winner on their hands. I'll be there front and center to purchase a Ram based full size Durango.

HotCarNut, UN4GTBL, djsamuel and 2 others like this.
  8. HoboChangba

HoboChangba Active Member

How true. I went to gas up the wife's 300S when a guy pulled into the station with a Ram duelie and a massive boat behind it. The driver was amazing watching him get it to the pump. He sure knew what he was doing. We spoke for a minute (I had to compliment him on his driving / parking ability) and he was telling me just what you said. About the need for large gas tanks and what a total pain in the butt it was having to gas up while loaded. He said small tanks could be a deal breaker with him.

9. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

I think you are right , though I think it will be Telluride just do to a less polarizing front end . They have exceptional interiors in them for the money .

10. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

I dont think that is a huge problem, if you are traveling most people are ready to stop and take a break 400 miles into the trip . I usually make it half thAT long , LOL .

Zagnut27 and HotCarNut like this.
  11. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I hear you. I just finished a 700 mile round trip the last weekend in October. I can't speak for anyone else, but after 200 miles, I am more than ready to stop to stretch my legs and take care of other business (you know what I mean). Eventually the soda or coffee I've been drinking has to go somewhere........:oops:

If you think a 19 gallon tank is bad, I had a '79 El Camino w/305 V8 that had a 13 gallon tank. At the time I had a 120 mile commute (round trip). On the 2nd day I would have to stop halfway to fuel up - could not go two full days on a full tank. Not one of Chevrolet's better ideas. At only 18-19 mpg (it had a 4 speed manual) it could not go 250 miles on a tank. :(

Zagnut27 likes this.
  12. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

In most cases I'd agree. However, when I'm towing a camper, I try to minimize by refueling stops. Some stations' like a Flying J, are easy; but others can be a real pain. My Ram has a 26 gallon tank. My next one will have the larger tank.

CherokeeVision likes this.
  13. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I have a 13.2 gallon tank in my 1.8L Civic. What were they thinking at Chevy?

14. tabutler

tabutler Member

Even with the larger tank on my 2500 it reads bone dry at 26 gallons. The dealer says there is nothing they can do. I would love to add a second tank.

15. Chase300

Except when you are towing...I average 9-11 mpg towing my boat. A 19 gal tank, with about 16 useable before the low fuel light comes on won't last long.
    25 gal is min tank size in my book.

Doug D likes this.
  16. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Who knows. I also had a '79 Monza 2.5L 4 speed manual that had a 20 gallon tank at 25 mpg I easily had a 500 mile range.

The El Camino was Super Sport trim. Dad bought it used and the previous owner had ripped out the original exhaust and put in a dual exhaust without a catalytic converter. He also modified the fuel inlet to accept the large nozzle for leaded gas. This was back when unleaded fuel became available and was more expensive than leaded fuel. Didn't know it didn't have a catalytic converter until I went to get it inspected (by this time my Dad had handed it down to me). Ended up replacing the entire exhaust including a catalytic converter to get it legal. Traded it when the 4 barrel carb got messed up ($250 to rebuild).

17. awolb69

awolb69 Well-Known Member

FCA just posted this on their Facebook page today which I commented on. Then they replied to my comment. I guess you could say this is a confirmation that a full size 3 row is coming as soon as the new plant is up and running!!

Attached Files:

mlgreen, HEMI345, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  18. Chase300

Well seeing the new Explorer is getting panned for its poor interior quality, if these new Jeeps have an interior anywhere near what the Ram has they won't be able to build enough for the demand.

mlgreen, tlc, HotCarNut and 3 others like this.
  19. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

We had better pray that things stay the same and Gas prices don’t go up to world levels.

20. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

With all the electric vehicles some of these companies claim to be selling soon Gasoline prices should drop due to the sudden lack of demand lol

Chris mopar likes this.