AF: Greetings All | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings All

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by Grems4Ever, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Grems4Ever

Grems4Ever Member

I just found Allpar and wish I had found it sooner. Currently, I have two Mopars in the fleet - the boy's '02 PT Cruiser and my '97 Ram 3500 V-10 beast. I've had a good number of Mopar cars and trucks in the past and am rather partial to the pre-Daimler/FCA era vehicles. Among those are some I wish I had kept ('67 D-200 truck 383 Auto), some I couldn't get rid of fast enough ('96 Neon Sport that was lemon yellow under the Barney purple paint), and some that just wouldn't die ('04 Hemi Durango AWD - 3 deer, broken exhaust valve spring, ECM malfunction hung #8 injector wide open at 70 MPH into a hot catalytic convertor).

I'm not a professional mechanic by any means, but I can hold my own with when it comes to DIY repairs. My son and I just finished rebuilding the 2.4L in the PT Cruiser (a first for both of us) after he lost oil pressure cruising down the interstate last September. Other than the valves being a bit noisier than I'd like when it's cold, it purrs like a kitten. I also did the repair work on the '04 Durango with the exception of deer #2 which required a body man's touch.

The next projects on the radar are to replace the control arm bushings on the Ram and to make some progress on the '71 F-100 I've been working on for a few years.

2. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Welcome, it's a great place!

3. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Allpar, Grems4Ever. We wish you'd found us years ago too! LOL Anyway, I thought maybe you were a Gremlin man by your user name. Those were some good cars. Roommate in college had one and abused the heck out if and it just kept going.

4. Salty old cracker

Salty old cracker Active Member