Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with a couple of PTs....

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by Demin, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Demin

Demin New Member

First one...
    It's an '07 .I added factor driving lights and the correct multi function switch.Seems like all of the wiring was already there.I was told I need to get the computer flashed to recognize the lights since there is no separate fuse for them.Just like to know if this is true or not.

And second...

Is another '07 I bought as a salvage (runs and drives)
    It has been running fine and everything.Parked it about a week ago.Went to pull it in the garage yesterday and seems like it is stuck in alarm mode.Everything works,just no crank and the security light is flashing.Battery is charged.

I build alot of these cars and these are the first two I've had any problems with.

2. Demin

Demin New Member

And the one with the alarm issue,only has the one key.It works to unlock/lock the doors,no problem.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

On the fog lamps, it looks like wiring harness overlays are necessary to complete the installation. See figure 1-605 here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD5/06-09/07PT.pdf

On p. 6 of the instructions, it describes using the StarScan (now WiTech) tool to get the FCM to recognize that the car now has fog lamps.
    Instructions here:
    https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/installation/k6859661.pdf

The flashing red security light and no-start issue may be that the key or SKIM chip is no longer recognized by the WCM or that the module has locked up? It can be interrogated with the WiTech to find fault codes. Normally it should disarm with the key unlocking the door and in the proximity of the WCM.
    There is a TSB # 08-007-08A that addresses an improved KEM that can 'lock-up' and prevent cranking. Here:
    http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/TSB/Caliber_0800708a.pdf

valiant67 likes this.
  4. Demin

Demin New Member

It already has the wires down to the lights,so I might be missing the one pigyail to hook them up.I'll have to get it inside and look. Thank you.

5. Demin

Demin New Member

And on the other one,it's saying the remote won't work.It still works,that's what has me stumped.

6. pt006

pt006 Active Member

With the car doors locked and the alarm red light flashing, the door must be opened by pressing the key fob 'unlock button'. Then the red light will stop flashing and you can open the door without the horn beeping.