Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HEAD BATTERD Newbie with lemon electrics

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by graham atkinson, Jul 26, 2017.

1. graham atkinson

graham atkinson New Member

Hello Newbie here, just bought uk CRD version Diesel Cruiser well problemS are airbag light on with BONG and no demister working and no electric windows at all tried all fueses under steering they all in place and not blown I have noticed some of them have have no 12 supply on them

where to start ???

thank you Graham

2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

What year is it? You might have better luck at www.ptcruiserlinks.com, but not many members there have the CRD. We weren't allowed to have that diesel in the States.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Have you checked the fuse/relay box out front under the hood? That feeds many of the larger branch circuits for the car.
    Do you have a service manual?

4. graham atkinson

found that some wires on the interior fuse box are not fed with live 12v ?? they will be soon that will get the windows and fan working, why are there 2 airbag fueses ???

5. graham atkinson

1 x 12v feed wire to airbag fuse cured all problems windows blower and airbag happy days sofar

6. graham atkinson

ok please advise on fusebox inside car, held in by 2 screws remove and all wires on the back can they be removed from the fuse box?? are they on spade type connectors which should just pull off???
    regards graham

7. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

8. graham atkinson

9. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The 2 screws mount the fuse box to the instrument panel, but I think that it is hard-wired to the instrument panel wiring harness. I don't think that the box can be disconnected for stand-alone service.
    You can remove the lower dash trim panel for better access to the back of the fuse box. See chapter 8O-3 for the Power Distribution section. See chapter 8W for wiring diagrams. See chapter 8E for instrument panel service.
    A 2001 PT should be roughly similar to a 2003 PT. The diesel system and RHD may have some electrical differences, so use the manual with this alert kept in mind:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2001_PT_PTCruiser/01PTE.PDF

10. graham atkinson

WOW Like the manual downloaded and saved, next quickie in UK we seemed to have horrid glazed headlights, might try see if can polish glass or plastic or do they do a better one from other countries but headlight will be opposite and wont pass MOT

regards Graham

11. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

You CAN polish and clean the headlights. Lots of different "kits" out there. Personally, I like the Wipe New brand. Sells for $9.99 over here at O'Reilly Auto Parts. I used it on my PT and Grand Caravan and noticed a marked improvement. Like new? NO. But much better than when I started.

12. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Some kits offer a UV-proof final coat after the polish to prevent dulling and yellowing again for awhile. Start with a coarse grit and finish with a fine grit. Some use toothpaste.
    I have also replaced plastic headlamps with aftermarket for that brand-new look. The polishing helps like chuzz says, but they won't be crystal-clear and the lamp reflector dulls over time.