NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellcat Trackhawk spotted - Video/Pictures

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by dakrt99, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

I think it's a let down? Why do the 6.2 hellcat and not make the hp numbers equal to the lx cars? Even though the trackhawk will be faster 0-60 and quarter mile....the number is a mental thing.

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Thats been known for sometime.

Mike

HotCarNut and TTO_XODJ like this.
  3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

It is designed to not break and/or be a warranty nightmare. The drivetrain is only rated for so much while still staying within engineered safety factors.

Mike

James A, marlon_jbt and TTO_XODJ like this.
  4. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

I think it really just depends on what it does in 1/4 mile. If it's in the mid 11's no one will complain. Even at 650hp or so, I am sure no one will be upset.

5. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

What Mike said. The Trackhawk will have the AWD system which can only take so much power. The LXs don't have that issue with RWD.

HotCarNut and marlon_jbt like this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

There’s certainly much on the horizon for Jeep, but what are you most excited about this year?

Jeep wants to dominate every SUV segment, and it might do just that

Confirmation that we will see Trackhawk before JL...

UN4GTBL and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  7. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

I don't buy that. They can make the system handle it no problem.

8. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

Ok..

9. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Best article I've read in a while, thanks for sharing Bob.

I will say that Manley's quote, "...we have numerous competitors that offer so-called SUVs and CUVs." is awesome, I love his pride, and confidence. That little jab says a lot about how strongly he feels about his brand. Love it.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

[​IMG]

If the horsepower numbers are under 707, its no big deal. You didn't hear anyone complain about the Rebel TRX Concept having not enough horsepower. I rather have something reliable and fast, then something just has crazy unreliable horsepower. But this isn't going to stop people from putting different pulleys and what not on the supercharger or running E85 tunes.

Trackhawk will look almost identical to Grand Cherokee SRT. The only difference is no fog lights or adaptive cruise making room for more cooling which you can see in the picture above as well as quad tips out the back. It's going to be one bad machine.

UN4GTBL and marlon_jbt like this.
  11. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

I'm scared to think what this thing will cost.

GC SRT - $66K
    GC SRT, Night - $71k
    GC SRT, Trackhawk - $80k????

12. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

I hope you're kidding, otherwise you're being incredibly naïve. Yes, an AWD system can be built to handle enormous hp. It will just end up being completely unreliable and explode after little use or, it will put the vehicle cost into such a high amount it will be unobtainable to all but a few ridiculously wealthy individuals. All vehicles have program requirements to meet, cost being one of them. You need to look at the big picture before disparaging the efforts of an OEM.

HotCarNut and marlon_jbt like this.
  13. Muther

Muther Active Member

So what you're saying is that snapping the front U joint on the front driveshaft at the same exact time you snap the front U joint on the rear driveshaft is a "bad" thing?

Mike V. and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Yeah I'm actually thinking around the same for the Trackhawk. I have it starting at about 81K since the Hellcat's both are about 15k more than an SRT.

15. hassanusc

hassanusc New Member

Guess: What about a Geneva Auto Show debut? Considering the competition is all Euro (SVR, X5M, Cayenne Turbo, AMG)...