NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellcat Trackhawk spotted - Video/Pictures

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by dakrt99, Oct 20, 2016.

1. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

For me, the TRX is not about street performance. The Trackhawk is, that's why HP needs to be big.

Official Guess: 620HP 600LBS 11.7 @ 120

suzq044 likes this.
  2. rayzazoo

rayzazoo Member Level 2 Supporter

Definitely agree.

The 8HP95 has a 500 kW gas engine input rating (670 BHP) and the Jeep GC is not a light vehicle either.

HotCarNut likes this.
  3. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

Not what I'm hearing...there will be huge differences between supercharged trackhawk and the trackhawk front and rear. There will be NO mistaking each

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

The lack of fog lights will be pretty obvious. There is no mistaking any of the Hellcat powered Mopar.

Mike

TTO_XODJ likes this.
  5. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

These differences are a little more obvious even to someone that wouldn't know a thing about the trackhawk

6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Sorry to disapoint.

7. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

Yes..the trackhawk will get an all new 8hp95 transmission

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

From what I am told the Trackhawk will make its first public showing in August... hmmmm August 16th through the 19th is Woodward Cruise week.... just saying.

MoparJoe and UN4GTBL like this.
  9. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

What is chevy or ford got out with awd and over 500 hp. Unless, your were meaning with all the awesome things Mopar has built that you feel they can pull this off too

11. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Really? That costs money and that's why there was never a Dart SRT.

The maximum torque values for all the components are easily found. FCA has been controlling power for years to protect the longevity of components. The all wheel drive system is ripe for potential failure points.

Based on your comment you should probably take a little time to look up the torque capacities of the components involved to understand the engineering and design better.

Mike

12. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

[​IMG]

13. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

Ah, but would enough people be willing to shell out the 150K+ it would cost once all of that extra engineering and part costs were factored into the vehicle?

Yeah, it might be easy to do it, especially in the aftermarket world, but they don't have to deal with longevity or warranty or emissions issues.

Remember, its EASY and CHEAP to make horsepower, hell, anyone can do that. Its EXPENSIVE to make horsepower that lasts.

Mike V., danbek, wilbur and 4 others like this.
  14. Muther

Muther Active Member

LMAO, that made me think of Bob Euker calling the game in the movie Major League.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a little outsiiiiide"
    Bob

suzq044, tlc and GasAxe like this.
  15. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

Spread that over the 3-4 MY the trackhawk will be sold on this platform....