NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellcat Trackhawk spotted - Video/Pictures

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by dakrt99, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

2. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

Hey nancy...how long you been waiting to use that meme?

3. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I thought it was funny. My apologies for offending you.

I can't make out the "quad tips" that I've heard about on the Trackhawk, my pixel comment was actually practical in that I had hoped I would be able to see them. Doesn't appear as though I can.

4. mopar22

mopar22 Member

It's okay, i thought it was funny and can;t see teh quad either

UN4GTBL and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  5. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

I can't wait to see this thing.. It was really a tough decision for me.

6. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

Definitely looks like a different rear diffuser, but even in Photoshop I couldn't get dual tips to show.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  7. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

They are black... like the other Hellcats.

Mike

8. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

9. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Member

My 2008 SRT8 Jeep ( remember it is 500 pounds lighter than the SRT8 Jeep that succeeded it) has had a Vortech kit with a more finely calibrated controller on it for 40,000 miles. It has performed flawlessly. It drives well in all environments. The key to longevity is not power braking these cars to crazy RPM levels and ruining the transfer case, etc. My wife and I both love the vehicle. It has been cared for like a member of the family.

The Jeep was dynoed back in May, 2010. The dyno run conditions were 88.98 degrees, barometric pressure 30.31 in-HG. Humidity 47%. It produced 497.44 AWHP and 457.37 AWTorque. With an 18% driveline loss assumption that is basically 600 flywheel HP.

When I ran the standing mile in this vehicle in March of 2010, the air temp was about 60 degrees with low humidity. The best run was 159.52 MPH. It felt much, much stronger at that density altitude. On one of the runs, the left front tire came off the ground a fraction of an inch. People went nuts. It beat quite a few cars that day to the surprise and embarrassment of their owners.

I ran the car at one private track rental back in 2011. The density altitude was not great. At the time of the run, the temperature was 81 degrees and the humidity more than 80%. The best run was 12.132 seconds at 111.67 MPH. I think that at a temperature of 60 degrees and low humidity with a slightly more aggressive launch that the vehicle could achieve at least an 11.9 second quarter if not better.

It will be interesting to see how the new Hellcat Jeep compares to mine.

10. Scottina06

Scottina06 Member

The tips aren't visible and maybe not there on this mule. But it does show the new lower diffuser and tow package. I have more pics and a video...but not much more can be made out.

11. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

From what we are being told, I would expect this one to be fairly deep in the 10's out of the box.

IE Second quickest quarter mile Vehicle in the lineup next to the Demon.

So that means its quicker than the Hellcat Charger/Challenger at 10.80's.

Which tells me, that while it may not have the full 707 of the Charger/Challenger on tap, it wont be that far down on power. It cant be to maintain those ET's at the weight that the vehicle is.

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

By Top Speed:
    1. Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT
    2. Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT
    3. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
    4. Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT (w/ Widebody Option) (186 MPH rated tires)
    5. Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (168 MPH rated tires)

By 0-60:

1. Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
    2. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
    3. Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT (w/ Widebody Option)
    4. Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT
    5. Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT

By 1/4 Mile:
    1. Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
    2. Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT (w/ Widebody Option)
    3. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
    4. Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT
    5. Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT

@MoparDanno I posted this already, but here it is again.

JKU12, MoparDanno and Mike V. like this.
  13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

[​IMG]

Look at the rear exhaust outlet.... you can't see the tips but she has the Trackhawk's rear exhaust cover.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

I think it'll be low 11 second SUV. If this thing hits the 10's......I mean I don't even know what I'd think.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

An interesting thing to do is take and see which vehicles are the most balanced based on the average of rank. ( Yeah it doesn't mean much, but its always fun to play with numbers and lists lol ) So from top to bottom on "most fun and balanced cars based on absolutely nothing but random ranking"

1. Demon at 2.33 avg
    2. Trackhawk at 2.66 avg
    3. Hellcat WB at 3.00 avg
    4. Challenger HC at 3.33 avg
    5. Charger HC at 3.66 avg.

So basically what that means, is this list that I just made ( my list, not RRB's! ) is full of BS because I used the word balanced in the title and the Demon came in at #1. LOL.