NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellcats still selling....

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Or, in the case of the hellcat, the guy wanted one. Couldn't or doesn't want 2 or 3 vehicles, and,well, not everyone lives in Florida or California and, well, you got to get to work to pay for it, and snow is sure alot of fun...ice, not so much

Kinda like a 70,000 pickup. I still got to load shale in it and I still got to haul my trailer through the mud. Wish the prices of trucks would come down...they are worth more now than when they were new. Miss picking up 500 dollar beaters...they are now 5000 dollars

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Active Member Level III Supporter

If you can afford a 70k high performace sports car.....you can afford a 5-10k winter beater..... Any man man that thinks its cool to drive that car through a foot of snow is a certified IDIOT.... When he wrecks it or kills himself or others he deserves all the pain that is coming his way.

3. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

I have winter SUV and winter beater, still choose to drive my hellcat during the winter. Didn't get a foot of snow, but did drive it through an ice storm, and it handle the road just fine? Just because it has 700+hp, doesn't mean you have to use 700+hp.

4. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Ok. Guess I will leave that at that. I guess not having actually watched the video I missed something. But here in Pennsylvania where I live, I can be at work and have no snow or thought of bad weather but on my way home the last 7 miles can be 8 inches of snow. And yes someone who can buy a Hellcat and pay the insurance may not still be able to buy a 500 dollar beater. So because of one or two weeks a year being un safe for travel someone shouldn't buy a Hellcat. Nah, I think it is ok, cause I have seen people with 4wd and studded tires who can't drive safe on the road and yet I can drive right around them in my 2wd van or casually go around them with my fire breathing V10 (sarcasm) and never even think of reaching for 4wd.
    Now if the guy was being an idiot, then he shouldn't be allowed to own any vehicle.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Ok,now having watched the video and seeing how well it did, I may have just made my case stronger for talking my wife into the hellcat. Hmm, I may be ready for that deal. Good thing I already have 2 trucks cause I may not be spending my money on a new one. Gosh, that was very nice.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. wilbur

wilbur Member

Crazy Americans... In Canada, we would of at least put a lift kit on it first... :)

Wil

7. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

There's a guy around here who drives his Lambo in the snow

I see new Porsche's used in the snow all the time here too. Typically, they are just the winter beater though.

I guess it just depends on your priorities, and what you are used to.

Didn't Ralph drive a Viper through a snow storm, and post about it on Instagram?

8. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone thinks it would be horrible to drive one in the snow. Just don't drive like an idiot and you are fine. My old SRT I drove through a foot of snow and it drove just fine, only slid once getting off the highway because the exit ramp hadn't been plowed yet. Not sure why anyone would think you can't drive a Hellcat in the snow.

9. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Hellcat=1969 Charger Daytona/1970 Ply Superbird. In a few years; former will be worth $$$$

10. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

I disagree. I do not believe the modern muscle cars will carry value later like the originals.

The Demon is the only one that may stand a chance.

Mike

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

I tend to agree with you, but I wonder if folks buying those "classic" cars had any idea what their cars would be worth today? I guess you never know, but only time will tell. I'm waiting for my 03 Liberty to become a collectors car....:):p

Bajanbuoy and UN4GTBL like this.
  12. CDJSalesPro

"in a few years" None of the classics were worth big money in a few years...... 25+ very possible..... I think the Hellcats and big V8's will have a special place 25+ in the future because I see V8's being phased out in the next 15 years or so. As v6 turbos and HO4cyls and electric become more and more available..... The nostalgia of pulling out a BIG v8 muscle car will mean something.... but again this is 25+ years away

freshforged, Erik Latranyi and Doug D like this.
  13. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Investments they are not, that's for sure. If you want to have a good ROI, then the stock market is a much better place for ROI.

Having said that I wish I hadn't wrecked the '68 Camaro 327 V8 I had when I was a teenager. IF I had kept it and IF I had taken care of it (lotta ifs), it would be work $12K-$15K today. Not bad for buying it for only $1,000 in 1978. Still, $1,000 invested then would probably have returned more than $12K-$15K. Just sayin......

tomit and Zagnut27 like this.
  14. Mallard

Mallard Member

15 years is being EXTREMELY generous.

15. CDJSalesPro

clarify......