Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by Tin Man 2, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

New member here, I'm a Chrysler Transport retiree since 2006, I still drive all Chrysler products and have been lerking here for a couple years.Time to join the conversation !!

somber, GasAxe and ImperialCrown like this.
  2. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome. I'm from Michigan, but moved to Texas decades ago. However, I'm back here clearing out an estate. Arrived on Monday, and had to shovel snow 4 times in 3 days, reminding me of why I left.

So, any current Mopars you're particularly proud, or at least fond, of?

3. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Well Mr. Scrounge I currently have a 2016 Patriot that I really like, much improved over the CVT version I had in 14, My wife has a 2017 Journey GT that is a very nice vehicle. In my younger years I had a 66 383 Charger and then a few 340 Dodge Demons. I remember the 78 Aspen with the super 6 and a 4 speed I really liked and later a few Mini Vans, a Neon a Concord and now I remember my 91 Spirit RT pretty fast but a bit troublesome.

4. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the older models. A former neighbor had (and I think still has) a '66 Charger with a 361. He replaced the original 2-bbl carb (and manifold) with an AFB. He replaced one of the front quarter panels with one from a Coronet that fit perfectly. The 340 Demons must have been strong performers. My parents had a used '77 Aspen 2-door that I liked, but they traded it after only a year or so.

5. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Hello from Rochester Hills.
    Dad worked in body design and styling at Chrysler nearly 30 yrs. So i grew up with Chrysler cars. Dad started in the Company Car program in 1962. Had alot of neat mopars through the years. He got a 66 Charger when they came out mid year. It was a 318 auto with ac & pws. He never ordered a high performance car for the year but often brought home loaners from the car pool. Anything with a 340 in it was fun to drive!

6. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Yes guys, The 340 was a strong running engine, under rated at 275 Horse. In an early Dart you could run with the big blocks in the b bodies.

7. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Welcome. Got me 2016 caravan. But now that I'm retired I'm feeling I may have 1 more hotrod left in me.
    Belive it or not I'm thinking about a sleeper..4 door 73 Coronet with a new Hemi in it.
    Why 73??? it has the torsion quiete suspension and last year for the good looking loop bumper

AvengerGuy likes this.
  8. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

The Coronet sounds like fun, I think Mopar sells a stand alone kit for the electronics but it's costly by the time you modify the fuel supply system and all the rest. Have fun, myself I'd just keep it old school and putt around.

9. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tin Man! I'm from Clinton Township, currently at Jefferson North. :)

10. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

The Coronet sounds like fun, I think Mopar sells a stand alone kit for the electronics but it's costly by the time you modify the fuel supply system and all the rest. Have fun, myself I'd just keep it old school and putt around.

11. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Marion JBT, Jefferson North, I remember it well, I also remember backing a load of engines down to the dock at the old Jeff plant. Something no driver would ever forget.

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Well welcome. Port Huron here.

13. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Allpar, Tin Man 2. Redriderbob, I have friends in Port Huron. Do you know any of the Adairs? Jim is a judge and his son John is an attorney and son Jeff is a criminal. What a combo, huh? Jeff and I used to be running buddies back when we both lived in Nashville.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I don't know them personally but I know of them and the booming metropolis of Adair, Michigan. :)

chuzz likes this.
  15. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Oh Yes, Adair Mich, famous for the Adair Suckerfest. Sponsered by the world famous Adair Bar, home of some great Sunday Chicken dinners, along with Friday Fish Frys.

chuzz likes this.
  16. Stephen M. Paraski

Stephen M. Paraski New Member

I used to work behind Lynch Road at DWSD. Detroit bought it from Chrysler for $1 but did not see the fine print. In late 90's we had to open gates so they could load car haulers on Huber Ave. We had the Chrysler water tower on St. Cyril.

17. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Stephen, Did the old Lynch Rd. plant become the home of the Detroit Parade Company? Was not DWSD housed in the old Huber Foundry/ Detroit Forge facility? Those are some old buildings.

18. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Been quite a while. Maybe 20 yrs ago. Used to drive by there on way to Dham & Jnap plants.

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes, the Parade Company is in what was the Lynch Road plant.