Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from the other side of the world :)

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by wallkie, Jun 16, 2017.

1. wallkie

wallkie New Member

Hello, my name is Marie, London. I am looking for some 'car inspirations'. I dream about an oldschool car to drive. I think this forum will be perfect to find sth interesting. :)

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Old cars can be fun and inexpensive to own and operate, although they may not be practical for everyday use.
    My dad had a Hillman Minx (Rootes group, before Chrysler UK) and a Morris Minor as daily family cars.
    I thought of a 'Spridget' convertible as a nice-weather toy a few years ago, but an old man like me looks so undignified unfolding himself out the driver's door onto his hands and knees. :D
    These cars are almost all but gone now, but there are clubs that help with parts and advice to keep them driving.

3. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

Welcome, Marie. My tastes are retro, but my finances are merely used.

Chrysler exported to England during the 1930s. I read that vehicle taxes there were based on engine dimension, and since Plymouth had the smallest engines, the cars were essentially Plymouths with more expensive-sounding names.

I don't know what Mopars you'd find on the island today. You'll probably have a better selection on the continent, and most of those won't be right-hand drive.

4. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Marie, would be nice to know your interests.

Welcome aboard!

5. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Allpar, Marie. That was my mothers name. You must be awesome too!

6. annawarren548

annawarren548 New Member

Hi and welcome :) I'm Anna, I've just joined this forum too :) Nice to see cars' funs here :)