Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Guys! have a 72 dodge sportsman motorhome, small block, at,4bbl, headers etc

Discussion in 'Pre-1994 trucks, commercial vehicles' started by ROARR, Sep 2, 2017.

1. ROARR

ROARR Member

It's stripped out and I've fabricated a drop down rear door/wall so I can load small cars and other stuff into it!
    where can I look for a color code of the wiring to the back? I find yellow, green, blue, black, brown, red, and white. I think the yellow and green are the right and left turn sigs, is there a stop circuit?,
    another question: on the top of the tranny (727?) in my Dakota OD tranny there's a plug, is that the start in neutral/ park switch?

Thanks
    ROAR

2. pt006

pt006 Active Member

A test light is your friend.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The Reverse/Neutral safety switch should have 3 wires (VT, Wt and Br?) and is located by the rear ATF cooler line.

If the rear half of the chassis isn't 'Chrysler', then I would not know what wiring color codes would be used. Unless you can find a manufacturer's upfitter shop manual, you may have to trace the wiring.

pt006 likes this.
  4. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Y = brake
    Brown = LH signal
    Green = RH signal
    White = ground
    IIRC

5. pt006

pt006 Active Member

One wire for the left signal; right signal; back-up lights; and parking/license plate/side lamps. Possibly one for ground for a fiberglass body.
    The brake lights are controlled by the signal switch on the steering column.