AF: Hidden nugget here | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden nugget here

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by ShawnP, Oct 3, 2020.

1. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

It has been said that pickup truck sales follow the ups and downs of the construction business. If that is true pickup truck sales are due to collapse. I don't know jack about the construction business, but an acquaintance who does cost estimation for large projects said the forecast for this Spring is very bleak. Brick and mortar stores are out, because everybody is shopping online during the pandemic. A number of city centers are war zones and the downtown office is now online and might as well be in a dead mall space.

As much as I like trucks, this is now starting to look like 1980 when the old Chrysler Corporation was seriously considering discontinuing their trucks. Adding more truck production is very risky, IMO.

2. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Given the economic climate and pending merger, I don't see them making any large investments on plants until after the merger is complete.

3. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

My former state has already halted new highway design projects. My current state is reevaluating all design projects. Which means 18-24 months from now, you're gonna see a wave of road construction come to a halt as existing highway projects come to a halt, and new highway projects don't come in to replace it.

4. 1fastrunner

1fastrunner Member

Dumb question, what is the difference between DT and DS?
    I am currently shopping for a new Ram 1500. I want to get a 2021 to just help forget about 2020, but there aren't many choices yet for what I want. I did find a 2020, but it's only discounted $6K. I see other 2020 discounted much more. Is there that much of a difference between 2020 and 2021?
    Jim

5. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

DS is the older model available only in Tradesmen, Express and Warlock. DS's started summer/fall of 08.

DT is the newer model available in all trim lines. DT's started winter/spring of 2018.

DS's were supposed to stop in spring of 2019 but they sell and are easy money with the machinery long since paid off.

Wish Ram would give us sales numbers on DS's.

saltydog likes this.