AF: High 5's to Toledo. JL's are rolling into dealerships | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High 5's to Toledo. JL's are rolling into dealerships

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Sep 27, 2018.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Yesterday I delivered a Wrangler that was special ordered just 28 days ago. Toledo is pumping JL's out in record time. I ordered two Wranglers last month and both of them were delivered in barely 30 days . So I will say thanks Toledo FCA workers for getting theses Jeeps to us in record time.

[​IMG]

xjgary, Deckard_Cain, danbek and 9 others like this.
  2. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Did they ever resolve that welding issue on the early JL's? I don't remember hearing how that all panned out.

3. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

Now this is good news. Special order vehicles being delivered under 30 days. Way better than the typical 3-4 months most Charger/Challenger special orders seem to have to wait.

GasAxe likes this.
  4. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

It is interesting to point out I ordered 3 solid wood doors from Lowe's and they took longer than 28 days to arrive at my store, and those are supposedly in a warehouse somewhere. This is assembling a whole car. That's some serious perspective there.

xjgary, wtxiceman and GasAxe like this.
  5. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

Considering it would have spent the best part of a week in transit, that's spectacularly fast turnaround.

Question for @CDJSalesPro - if you could be guaranteed to get cars at that kind of notice, would you prefer a sales model with more special-ordering?

CDJSalesPro likes this.
  6. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

That's Lowe's for you.

tlc likes this.
  7. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

At one location where we are doing the fire alarm the general contractor told me the automatic doors for the entrances had a 6 to 8 week lead time.

8. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

NO... well over 75% of customers want to see touch and feel the car or Jeep they want to purchase. For those that do want to special order it is awesome that we can get them within 30days. But special ordering vehicles is NOT the way we want the majority of our customers to purchase.

AlfaCuda and KrisW like this.
  9. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

For @CDJSalesPro, @BobbiBigWheels , @Ryan , et al., how does a special order count towards your allocation? I could see where special orders may not help as much as moving your monthly iron quota.

10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

Depends on what it is.

Went to factory order a Redeye for a client and was told we had to take 10 Promaster Citys, some Renegades... Chrysler will sell you a "bank" of vehicles with certain orders.

"Sold" orders in general are pretty simple - not much of a hold on getting one.

GasAxe likes this.
  11. WXman

WXman Active Member

Given the choice between a "fast" delivery with poor welds, improper steering calibrations, at least two active recalls, and loose ball joints and bracket nuts, or a "normal" delivery with higher quality and no issues, I think most people would prefer the latter.

It seems like every week a new recall, TSB, or widespread issue is popping up with JL Wranglers. There's a guy with a new YouTube channel who has been making a lot of money doing nothing but videos on JL issues. Since he works for a dealership I guess he has access to all the info.

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  12. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

I remember when I ordered my 2001 XJ Cherokee.
    The dealer liked it so much they ordered another one exactly the same for their lot.
    And it didn't last long either.

xjgary and Erik Latranyi like this.