AF: Hoods on the Challenger | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoods on the Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Jared, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

From what I gather on the build and price, the R/T and the Scat Pack no longer come with the old standard Challenger hood (as in, the one that comes on the base and SXT)

Is that true? Because I think the performance hood looks gross...

2. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

What does your dealer say?

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Other than the issue of paint, I'm sure someone with a standard hood would love to swap for the new hood, probably even give you money in the deal.

I saw this on the Durango R/T group. People "upgraded" to the new hood and new front style in 2018 (which I hated and was why I bought a used earlier one) lots of people paid a good bit of money to get the new hood and grill ion their earlier year Durangos.

Jared and DC-93 like this.
  4. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Good point.

The dealer would probably swap hoods to make you a deal.
    Let us know what you end up doing!

Jared likes this.
  5. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

I wonder if a dealer would do that. My guess would be no, because most dealers aren't savvy enough to figure that one out.

I'll tell ya what I'll do... Nothing. That's what I'll do. I have to wait until the wheels fall off my Avenger frrst before I even think about a Challenger. (Actually, that's not true. I always think about a Challenger ;)

6. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

lol, so the entire thread is a moot point!!

I think if you asked a dealer to do it, they would. IMO.....
    A sale is a sale.

Jared likes this.
  7. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

Well... it's not moot... it's... just... well... yeah... I guess it is pretty moot. I mean, for now anyway ;)