AF: Hope I got the right shoes? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope I got the right shoes?

Discussion in 'Dakota, 1998-2013 Durango and Aspen' started by Marty1965, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Marty1965

Marty1965 Active Member

I am doing a brake job on a friend's 1992 Dakota LE 3.9L and hope I got the right size brakes when I ordered them online. I received the part #538 shoes which are supposed to be 9". I have not looked at the shoes or drums on his truck yet. When looking up info at a local auto parts, I saw there were 6", 9", and 10" listed. When entering auto info, I saw there were 3 different engine sizes for this truck listed with his being the size in the middle so hopefully I got it right. Anyone know offhand? This is a stock vehicle. Thanks.

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You really won’t know know you look. I’ve had V8 Dakotas with 9” brakes and V6 Dakotas with 10” brakes.

Panterasr9 likes this.
  3. Marty1965

Marty1965 Active Member

I gambled and won. The nine inchers worked. Kinda tricky ordering parts ahead of time without being able to see what ya got. Thanks Valiant